The Bank of Maharashtra Ltd. was formally registered under the Indian Companies Act on the auspicious day of 16th September 1935 at Pune with an authorized capital of 210.00 lakh with the objective to serve the common man. The actual business of the Bank commenced on 08.02.1936. The first Board of Directors was led by Prof. V.G. Kale, Chairman and Shri D.K. Sathe, Vice Chairman. Other directors in the first Board were Shri V.P. Varde, Shri S.G. Marathe, Shri N.G. Pawar, Shri T.V Ranade, Shri R.C. Sohoni, Shri M.R. Joshi, Shri B.M. Gupte and Shri F.D. Pudumjee. From a Bank of 10 Lakh in 1936, it has metamorphosed into a Bank of more than 2 Lakh Crore of business: on account of the trust and faith reposed by our devout customers and prudent policies followed by the Bank throughout its existence. Bank of Maharashtra has taken several steps for the business growth and maintaining asset quality with a higher focus on priority sector and retail. Bank of Maharashtra provides various retail banking loans such as Mahabank Combo loan, Mahabank Top-up loan, Mahabank Home loan, Mahabank car loan etc. Bank of Maharashtra also provides various facilities for their customers such as e-lounge facility, tax payment through ATM, Mahamobile App, UPI, IMPS, Mahasecure, MahaSuraksha Payroll scheme. The bank has 27 million customers across the length and breadth of the country served through 1832 branches. It has the largest network of branches by any public sector bank in the state of Maharashtra.