The US Green Building Council (USGBC), the creators of the LEED green building program, on October 12, 2017, announced that eight organisations are receiving the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Awards. The awards will be presented for the first time in India, as part of the inaugural Greenbuild India Conference and Expo. The awards ceremony will take place at the conference in Mumbai on November 3, 2017.
The Greenbuild Leadership Awards recognize exceptional organizations at the forefront of the green building movement. It acknowledges contributions to India and the green building community that work to enhance environmental performance and improve quality of life.
This year’s 2017 Greenbuild India Leadership Award recipients include:
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (DMRC) is the premier partner in developing LEED v4 O+M: Transit and owner of the world’s first existing building project to earn LEED certification using the online performance platform, Arc.
- DLF Ltd is one of the largest realty organisations in India and has certified more than 10 million sq ft of LEED Platinum operating buildings.
- Infosys Ltd is the owner of the world’s largest LEED Platinum campus and one of the largest occupiers of LEED Platinum space in India. The company has also committed to becoming carbon neutral.
- ITC Hotels is emulating ITC’s commitment to green buildings and started its journey with the ITC Green Centre as the world’s largest LEED Platinum building in 2004. Today, 12 of ITC’s hotels are certified LEED Platinum and all upcoming hotel projects reinforce the organisation’s commitment to green building.
- K Raheja Corp, with a legacy of six decades in Indian real estate, through the adoption of LEED and other green initiatives, is making a positive impact on its tenants, employees and larger business community, by delivering quality buildings.
- En3 Sustainability Solutions is a USGBC education partner and LEED Proven Provider for LEED building design and construction in India. En3 has more than 300 LEED-certified projects, delivered India’s first net zero-energy building, first-carbon neutral project and first WELL building project.
- Environmental Design Solutions Pvt Ltd (EDS) is a premier service provider, a USGBC education partner and a LEED Proven Provider for the LEED Commercial Interiors rating system. EDS has worked on more than 300 LEED-certified and pre-certified projects.
- LEAD Consultancy & Engineering Services (I) Pvt Ltd is a premier service provider of LEED in India with close to 200 LEED projects and is committed to supporting the Smart Cities initiative, which aims to drive economic growth and advance the quality of life for inhabitants across India.
“The Greenbuild Leadership Award recipients are raising the bar, when it comes to creating healthier, more sustainable buildings,” said Mahesh Ramanujam, president and CEO, USGBC and Green Business Certification Inc (GBCI), the organisation that certifies all LEED projects globally. “As India continues to drive green growth, these leaders are encouraging the adoption of green practices that improve the health and wellbeing of our communities and it is an honor to recognise their efforts at Greenbuild India,” he added.
Greenbuild India, presented by the USGBC and ABEC Exhibitions & Conferences, takes place at the Bombay Exhibition Center (NESCO) in Mumbai. The conference runs from November 2-3, 2017 with the expo running until November 5, 2017.