Malad East is a locality located in the northern part of Mumbai. This locality had been mostly covered with mangroves and very few number of people lived but after the mid 20th century there has been a turnaround. From the late 20th century it has been noticed that this area has been quite high in demand for residential area among the wealthy class of people. From the early 2000s this locality has growing tremendously and today it is an important residential area as well as an important commercial and IT hub.
Malad in the 19th century was comprised of several villages like Orlem, Kharodi, Rathodi, Malwani, Marve, Aksa, Madh and Chinchowli. In the year 1934, the first movie company was Bombay Talkies and was established in Malad by Himanshu Rai and Devika Rani. The major localities today in Malad are Sunder nagar, Govind nagar, Navy nagar etc.
The real estate of Malad East is booming day by day. There are several builders in Malad East who are constructing several flats and apartments in Malad East. There are several independent houses in Malad East too. Different builders like Classic Builders and Developers and Ravi Group of Companies are constructing flats of different sizes and which provides wide a range of amenities to suit its customers
Reasons to invest in Malad East
Malad East is one of the fastest growing localities in Mumbai. This area is well known for its residential colonies and also for its IT hubs. It is in close proximity to other employment hubs as well. The social infrastructure of this area is well developed and people residing in this area will not face any difficulties. The transport system is good and the railway and airport is also close by. Most white collared workers wish to live in this area and many real estate developers are constructing apartments and houses for them. It is predicted that Malad East will soon become one of the top most localities of Mumbai.
Top Places in Malad East
Connectivity with other localities from Malad East
- The distance from Central Railway Station Mumbai to Malad East is 27.2 km.
- The distance from Chatrapati Shivaji Internation Airport to Malad East is 11.5 km via Arey Road .
- There are several bus stops in the locality which help to connect with other areas.
Employment hubs near Malad East
- The distance from Bandra to Malad East is 14.9 km via New Link Road
- The distance from Andheri East to Malad East is 9.8 km via Western Express Highway
- The distance from Powai to Malad East is 11 km via JVLR and Western Express Highway
Schools in Malad East and other social amenities
- Mahindra Academy
- Scholars Academy
Hospitals in Malad East
- Shree Balaji Super Speciality Hospital
- Sai Kripa Hospital and ICU
Shopping Complex in Malad East
- Central Shopping Mall
- Oberoi Mall
Banks in Malad East
- State Bank of India ATM
- Axis Bank ATM
Restaurants in Malad East
- Chinese Corner
- Domino’s Pizza
Amusement Parks in Malad East
- Shree Maheshwari Garden
- Raheja Garden
Famous Places in Malad East
- Oberoi Mall, GoregaonYashodham, Goregaon East, Goregaon, Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Lifestyle Store (Oberoi Mall)Yashodham, Goregaon East, Western Suburbs, Mumbai, Thane District
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd (Head Office)Sankalp Colony, Malad East, Western Suburbs, Mumbai, Thane District