Garia is a suburban locality of Kolkata located in the state of West Bengal. This very preferred residential destination is located to the southern part of Kolkata.
Garia is one of the most fastest developing suburbs of Kolkata is a popular residential hub. It provides easy connectivity to different parts of Kolkata and also houses affordable homes to ease in.
The locality is surrounded by Jadavpur, Dhakuria and Golpary to its North, Narendrapur to its South and Mukundapur towards East.
Reasons to invest in Garia:
Garia has grown up to emerge as a very convenient neighbourhood considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. The rise in property pricing and demand make investing in Garia a lucrative attempt. Garia emerge as a preferred working as well as a residential destination of Andhra Pradesh.
Top Places in Garia
Connectivity with near Garia localities:
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- Located at the southern end of the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass, the locality enjoys unimpeded connectivity to different parts of Kolkata including the developing areas of Salt Lake.
- The nearest railway station is Garia Railway Station which is located at a distance of 1.2 kilometres from the locality.
- The nearest airports include – the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is situated at a distance of 24.7 kilometres.
- The locality is served by the National Highway 34.
- CSTC, WBSTC and CTC networks of bus services are operational here.
Employment hubs near Garia :
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to the commercial hub of Sector V which is located at a distance of 15.9 kilometres.
Schools in Garia and social amenities :
Garia provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- Garia Harimati Devi Uchcha Balika Vidyalaya (H.S)
- Miranda High School
- B. D. Memorial School
- Indus Valley World School
- Dinabandhu Andrews College
- Netaji Subhash Engineering College and many more enjoy being the best educational institutions of Garia.
Of the social amenities provided by Garia the major health institution dominating the locality includes –
- Remedy Hospital
- Mother Teresa TB Hospital
- Hindustan Health Point
- Peerless Hospital
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs, including –
- ICICI Bank
- Axis Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Canara Bank
- UCO Bank
Garia also provides its residents with a number of recreational amenities, of which the popular shopping arcades include –
- Spencer’s Shantineer
- Wood Square Mall
Physical Infrastructure in Garia :
- The New Garia – Airport metro link is presently under construction and is sure to make Garia enjoy unimpeded connectivity to the Airport area situated to the north of Kolkata.
Famous Places in Garia
- Big Bazaar (Orbit Mall)Naktala, Garia, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Kolkata District
- Jatra Suru SanghaBaishnabghata, Garia, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Kolkata District
- Padmashree Cinema HallNaktala, Garia, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Kolkata District