Tollygunge is an in South Kolkata, Kolkata, Kolkata District, West Bengal, India, 700033.
Lake Gardens (1.81 Km), Golf Green (2.16 Km), Jadavpur (2.46 Km), Jodhpur Park (2.56 Km), New Alipore (2.72 Km) are the nearby areas to Tollygunge.
Kolkata, Ramkantapur are the nearby cities to Tollygunge.
Tollygunge Point of Interests
Connectivity with near Tollygunge localities:
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The locality is well connected to the renowned localities of Kolkata namely – Alipore, Ballygunge, Bhowanipore, Brahmapur, Chak Garia, Dhakuria among others.
- The nearest railway station is the Tollygunge Railway Station which is located at a distance of 1.5 kilometres from the locality.
- The nearest airports include – the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is situated at a distance of 25.4 kilometres.
- CSTC, WBSTC, SD and CTC networks of bus services are operational here.
Employment hubs near Tollygunge :
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to the commercial hub of Sector V which is located at a distance of 16.6 kilometres.
Tollygunge is the hub of Bengali Film Industry housing a number film studios namely –
- Indrapuri Studio
- Technician Studio
- Deluxe Modelling Studio
- Octave Studio
Schools in Tollygunge and social amenities :
Tollygunge provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- G.D.Birla Centre For Education
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management
- Sir Nripendranath Institution
- ITI Tollygunge
- Kalidhan Institution and many more enjoy being the best educational institutions of Tollygunge.
Of the social amenities provided by Tollygunge the major health institution dominating the locality includes –
- RSV Hospital
- Tapan Sinha Memorial Hospital
- M.R. Bangur Hospital
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs, including –
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Indian Bank
- State Bank of India
Tollygunge also provides its residents with a number of recreational amenities, of which the popular shopping arcades include –
- South City Mall
- Spencer’s Tolly Club
Physical Infrastructure in Tollygunge :
The Joka – Tollygunge Metro Line is being constructed.
Famous Places in Tollygunge
- Malancha Cinema HallRegent Colony, Shantigarh, Tollygunge, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Howrah District
- Pantaloons (South City Mall)South City, South City Complex, Jadavpur, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Howrah District
- Balaram Mullick & Radharaman MullickTollygunge, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Howrah District
Price Trends for Tollygunge
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best hospitals in/around Tollygunge?
- Lions North Calcutta Hospital And Medical Centre
- Lions Club Hospital
- Babhisha Pratiksha Infertility Clinic
- Ashwini Nagar Club Charitable Clinic
Are there ATMs in Tollygunge?
Is there a metro station in/near Tollygunge?
- Mahanayak Uttam Kumar Metro Station
- Lake Gardens Railway Station
- Netaji Metro Station
- Rabindra Sarobar Metro Station
- Tollygunge Railway Station
How many properties are available for sale in Tollygunge?
How many properties are available for rent in Tollygunge?
What is the average price per sq.ft for a property in Tollygunge?
What is the year on year trend for property rates in Tollygunge?
What are the top projects in Tollygunge?
Is there a shopping mall in Tollygunge?
What are the top restaurants in/around Tollygunge?
- Bawarchi Fast Food
- Pizza Hut
- Som''s Fast Food
- Kwality Wall''s Swirl''s
What are the best schools in/around Tollygunge?
- Azadgarh Vidyapith
- Sarada School
- Ram Nagar Vidya Mandir School
- Ashok Hall School For Junior Girls
- The Morning Star School