Tollygunge is a popular and well coveted locality of South Kolkata. It is the Tollywood hub or the centre of Bengali Film Industry.
It is surrounded by the Eastern Railway south suburban line to the north, Lake Gardens and Golf Green in the east, the Pashchim and Purba Putiaries in the south and Behala in the west. The places in Tollygunge which are worthy of mention include - Tollygunge Club, Royal Calcutta Golf Club (RCGC), ITC Sangeet Research Academy and Indrapuri Film Studio.
Reasons to invest in Tollygunge:
Tollygunge has grown up to emerge as a very convenient neighbourhood considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. The rise in property pricing and demand make investing in Tollygunge a lucrative attempt. Tollygunge emerge as a preferred working as well as a residential destination of Andhra Pradesh.
Projects like Bengal Millennium Falcon, Gajraj Group Gajraj Shree and A Sarkar And Associates Yahvi situated in and around the locality are among the best projects to invest in Tollygunge.
Top Places in Tollygunge
Connectivity with near Tollygunge localities:
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The locality is well connected to the renowned localities of Kolkata namely – Alipore, Ballygunge, Bhowanipore, Brahmapur, Chak Garia, Dhakuria among others.
- The nearest railway station is the Tollygunge Railway Station which is located at a distance of 1.5 kilometres from the locality.
- The nearest airports include – the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is situated at a distance of 25.4 kilometres.
- CSTC, WBSTC, SD and CTC networks of bus services are operational here.
Employment hubs near Tollygunge :
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to the commercial hub of Sector V which is located at a distance of 16.6 kilometres.
Tollygunge is the hub of Bengali Film Industry housing a number film studios namely –
- Indrapuri Studio
- Technician Studio
- Deluxe Modelling Studio
- Octave Studio
Schools in Tollygunge and social amenities :
Tollygunge provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- G.D.Birla Centre For Education
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management
- Sir Nripendranath Institution
- ITI Tollygunge
- Kalidhan Institution and many more enjoy being the best educational institutions of Tollygunge.
Of the social amenities provided by Tollygunge the major health institution dominating the locality includes –
- RSV Hospital
- Tapan Sinha Memorial Hospital
- M.R. Bangur Hospital
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs, including –
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Indian Bank
- State Bank of India
Tollygunge also provides its residents with a number of recreational amenities, of which the popular shopping arcades include –
- South City Mall
- Spencer’s Tolly Club
Physical Infrastructure in Tollygunge :
The Joka – Tollygunge Metro Line is being constructed.
Famous Places in Tollygunge
- Malancha Cinema HallRegent Colony, Shantigarh, Tollygunge, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Howrah District
- Pantaloons (South City Mall)South City, South City Complex, Jadavpur, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Howrah District
- Balaram Mullick & Radharaman MullickTollygunge, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Howrah District