Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City is a hub of economic and social expansion. Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, the then Chief Minister of West Bengal, was instrumental in formulating the plan to build the area, and thus the township was named Bidhan Nagar in his honour.
Salt Lake City has clean and well-maintained roads and sanitation, relatively pollution free environment, Yuva Bharati Krirangan, the largest sports stadium in India and the second-largest stadium in the world in terms of capacity, shopping malls such as City Centre and a vast array of government offices and IT sector that cater to the entire city of Kolkata.
S.D. Construction Pvt. Ltd., Salimji Construction and M.S. Construction are the leading builders in Salt Lake City area.
Reasons to invest in Salt Lake City:
Being a major employment sector and the biggest IT hub in Kolkata, excellent civic infrastructure, social amenities and continuous development are the eminent factors that make the area an ideal investment area. The area is attracting home-buyers to settle in this calm and pollution-free area. However, the poor street lighting has made theft and eve teasing a recurrent problem in the area.
Top Places in Salt Lake City
Connectivity with nearby Salt Lake City localities:
- The area is well-connected to other parts of the city through the EM Bypass.
- The area is served by state-owned and private buses, taxis and auto rickshaws.
- The nearest rail station is Sealdah Railway Station which is situated only 8.5 kms away from the area.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is only about 12 kms from the area.
Employment hub in Salt Lake City:
- The area is an employment hub for both the government sector and private sector especially for IT and BPO.
- Some of the prominent multinational companies such as TCS, Wipro and CTS are located here.
- Notable government offices that are located in the area include Poura Bhawan and Archaeological Survey of India to name only a few.
Schools in Salt Lake City and other social amenities:
Leading educational institutions and schools in Salt Lake City area include Haryana Vidya Mandir and Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. Well-known colleges in Salt Lake City area are Institute of Engineering and Management and Techno India College. Reputed hospitals in Salt Lake City area include Anandalok Hospital and AMRI. City Center is the major shopping mall in the area. Presence of several restaurants of all budget categories, banks and recreational parks such as Nicco Park and Nalban make the area even more attractive.
Physical infrastructure in Salt Lake City:
The upcoming East-West metro route shall connect the region to Howrah Station which will help in faster connectivity and a major mode of transport for thousands of commuters who travel everyday to the area for office. Moreover, this will decrease the congestion that the area faces everyday especially during the office hours.
Famous Places in Salt Lake City
- City CentreDC Block, Sector-1, Salt Lake City, Central Kolkata, Kolkata, Kolkata District
- Eco Tourism ParkAction Area IIE, Action Area II, New Town, Kolkata, Kolkata District
- Mani SquareKadapara, Salt Lake City, Central Kolkata, Kolkata, Kolkata District
Price Trends for Salt Lake City