Howrah is an industrial city, adjacent to Kolkata located on the left bank of Hooghly River. It is an active industrial hub oozing old Bengal culture.
Howrah being one of the oldest industrial as well as cities in Bengal, Howrah Real Estate offers quite a few options as far as residential areas are concerned. Apartments in Howrah developing with time but individual houses are more in number. The flats in Howrah are decent if not luxurious. They are mainly given 2 BHK and 3 BHK facilities with sober interior designs. Many exclusive projects are coming up in this area.
The builders in Howrah are coming up with exciting projects and the companies are namely MECH-TECH Engineering & Construction Company, J.A. Construction, Joyville Shapoorji Housing Private Limited, Bridge and Roof, Pushpanjali Construction, Howrah Builders Corporation.
Reasons to invest in Howrah:
Howrah is one of the busiest areas adjacent to Kolkata and the location advantages make this place more demanding for builders and buyers. Social amenities and residential areas together make it an ideal destination to invest.
Top Places in Howrah
Connectivity with nearby Howrah localities:
- Howrah Station is the terminal for two railway zones of India - the Eastern Railway and the South Eastern Railway.
- There are six more railway stations in the city which include railway junction at Santragachhi and the terminal at Shalimar Station.
- NH2 and NH6 are the two highways that connect to the city.
- Kona Expressway plays a vital role in connecting with other nearby localities.
- The Sealdah Station lies 5.2 kms near to Howrah Station.
Employment hubs near Howrah:
- Kiswok Industries, Maa Laxmi Industry, Industrial Forging Industries, S K Industries, Bharat Steel Industries are some of the significant employment hubs prevailing in this area.
- The Botanical Garden and Dinabandhu Institution lie in the Shibpur area of this district.
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology is also located in this area.
- Akashvani Bhavan and the Eden Gardens are located in the nearby vicinity of the Howrah Station.
- The industrial area of Dunlop lies just 19 kms away from Howrah.
Schools in Howrah and other social amenities:
Howrah is culturally strong as well as in academic field. Major schools in Howrah include reputed names like St. Agnes Convent School, Augustines Public School, Maria's Day School, Saint Aloysius Orphanage and Day School, St. Helen's School, Don Bosco School, Ratnakar School, Agrasain Boys' School etc. As far as hospitals in Howrah are concerned, they include Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Shree Jain Hospital and Research Centre, Howrah Lions Hospital, Narayana Multispecialty Hospital, Howrah General Hospital, Mitra Sangha Hospital etc.
Physical infrastructure in Howrah:
Howrah is basically an old city and the district itself boasts rich culture of aristocratic Bengal. This city is now developed into an influx of old and modern culture. Hence it reflects prominently in the infrastructures of this area. Apartments are growing in number along with individual houses dominating the region. Social amenities are of superior quality.
Famous Places in Howrah
- Forever YogurtLake Market, Dhakuria, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Howrah District
- Eden Gardens StadiumsFort William, Hastings, Kolkata, Howrah District
- Priya Cinema HallDeshapriya Park, Ballygunge, South Kolkata, Kolkata, Howrah District
Price Trends for Howrah