Mulund is a suburban locality of north eastern Mumbai. It is divided into two parts – Mulund West and Mulund East. Located between Thane and Navi Mumbai, Mulund enjoys a strategic location.
A preferred residential destination, Mulund enjoys proximity to a number of developed areas of Maharashtra. Mulund West enjoys the tag of “Prince of Suburbs”. Mulund West is linked to Sion via Lal Bahadur Shashtri Marg. Also, Mulund houses business offices some of the biggest companies, namely - Johnson and Johnson, Wellcome (Glaxo), Hoechst, Richardson Cruddas, Chicago Pneumatic, Oxygen, ACC, Merind and Agfa & Gabriel. Mulund East on the other hand houses both residential and commercial centres.
Reasons to invest in Mulund
The huge surge of property pricing in both Mulund East and West is suggestive of the fact that the locality is sure to prove to be a good investment in the future. Presence of more and more business offices in and around the locality is making Mulund a coveted working as well as a residential destination of Mumbai.
Big ticket projects like HDIL Whispering Towers, Marathon Eminence, TATA Housing Aveza and Soham Eastern Crest are here to make Mulund a preferred residential neighbourhood and act to trigger surge in property pricing in the future.
Top Places in Mulund
Connectivity with nearby Mulund localities:
The locality is well linked to various developed areas of Maharashtra and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The locality is located close to the two prominent localities of Maharashtra – Navi Mumbai and Thane.
- The Bridge-Mulund Road, Eastern Highway, Lal Bahadur Shastri Road connect Mulund to various other parts of Maharashtra
- The nearest airports nearby includes the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport which is located at a distance of 14.3 kilometres.
- BMTC bus transport network operates here
- The nearest railway station to Mulund East is the Central Railway Station and is located at a distance of 30.1 kilometres while that to Mulund West is the Mulund Railway Station which makes Bhandup, Ghatkopar and Vikhroli accessible from Mulund
Employment hubs near Mulund:
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various employment hubs and offices set up by some of the leading companies. These include -
- Bandra- Complex
- Agfa, Gabriel and Richardson Cruddas
Schools in Mulund and other social amenities:
Mulund provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- R.A.D.A.V. College
- Vikas College of Arts and Commerce
- Mulund College of Commerce
- DAV International School
- Billabong High International School
- Datta Meghe College of Engineering and many others enjoy being the famous names of educational institutions in and around Mulund.
Of the social amenities provided by Mulund, the major health institutions dominating the locality includes –
- Navneet Hospital
- Maruthi Nursing Home
- Chandra Hospital
- Holy Trinity Hospital
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs.
The locality also provides its residents with many luxurious shopping centres such as –
- R Mall
- GBIM Store
- Vishal Mart
- Ecstasy-The Mall
- Kapish Mall
Physical infrastructure in Mulund:
Plans for the development of Goregaon-Mulund Link Road (GMLR)has been made by the Brihan Mumbai Corporation (BMC) which will link Jogeshwari- Link Road (JVLR) and the stretch connecting Aarey Colony to Powai, Mulund and Vikhroli.
Famous Places in Mulund
- D MartNirmal Nagar, Mulund Colony, Bhandup West, Mulund, Mumbai, Thane District
- Kunj Vihar RestaurantJambli Naka, Thane West, Mulund, Mumbai, Thane District
- Neptune Magnet MallGKW Colony, Bhandup West, Mulund, Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region