Ghatkopar is a suburban area of Eastern Mumbai. It is divided into – Ghatkopar East and Ghatkopar West.
Ghatkopar West lies in close proximity to developed areas of Santa Cruz, Khar and Juhu while Ghatkopar East is close to Nath Pai Nagar, Kamraj Nagar, Garodia Nagar and Pantnagar. Ghatkopar West is commercial hub while Ghatkopar East a residential destination although various prominent builders are presently investing in both the parts. Famous residential localities forming a part of Ghatkopar West are Jagdusha Nagar, Nityanand Nagar, Himalaya Society, Old and New klal Estate, Sarvodaya Housing Society, Bhatwadi, Sohrab Baug, Chirag Nagar and Amrut Nagar.
Reasons to invest in Ghatkopar
Considering the increasing price trends Ghatkopar and the obvious rise in demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment. The high increase in property prices is a promising trait to start with. Presence of more and more commercial hubs in and around the locality is making Ghatkopar a coveted working as well as a residential destination of Mumbai.
Big ticket projects like Sanghvi Gruha Paladium, Akshay Group Mumbai Tarfalgar Tower, Flintstone Group Flint Heights and Neumec Shrushti are here to make Ghatkopar a rather posh and coveted residential neighbourhood.
Top Places in Ghatkopar
Connectivity with nearby Ghatkopar localities:
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- Barrister Nath Pai Road, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Lal Bahadur Shastri Road, Tilak Road and the R B Margrun through Ghatkopar connecting it with various parts of Maharashtra.
- BEST and ST bus services are operational here
- The nearest airport is the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport which lies at a distance of 6.5 kilometres
- Ghatkopar West is accessible to Thane and Navi Mumbai by the Eastern Highway and the Sion - way
Employment hubs near Ghatkopar:
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various employment hubs. These include –
- Bandra Kurla Complex
Schools in Ghatkopar and other social amenities:
Ghatkopar provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- KVK Sarvajanik Education Society School
- Nath Nagar Municipal Corporation of Greater School
- Asiatic Centre of Gemological Services
- Shivaji Technical School
- S P N Doshi College
- Niranjan Jhunjhunwala Collegeand many others enjoy being the famous names of educational institutions in and around Ghatkopar.
Of the social amenities provided by Ghatkopar, the major health institution dominating the locality includes –
- Wadi Hospital
- Bakul Parekh Children’s Hospital
- Ashwini Maternity and Surgical Hospital
- Ashirwad Heart Hospital.
- Chandrajyoti Hospital
- Harshil Heart Hospital
- Navnirman Maternity and Surgical Hospital
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs such as –
- Union Bank of India
- ICICI Bank
- Corporation Bank
- Punjab Bank
- Saraswat Bank
The locality also provides its residents with many luxurious shopping centres and movie halls such as –
- Laxmi Shopping Centre
- Odeon Hall
- Shreyas Hall
- Uday Hall
Physical infrastructure in Ghatkopar:
- The metro railway line linking Versova, Ghatkopar and Andheri has been planned by the Government and the project will be undertaken in the near future
Famous Places in Ghatkopar
- Kidzania (R City Mall)Amrut Nagar, Vikhroli East, Ghatkopar, Mumbai, Thane District
- Big Bazaar (R City Mall)Amrut Nagar, Vikhroli East, Ghatkopar, Mumbai, Thane District
- Neelyog SquareShival Nagar, Pant Nagar, Ghatkopar West, Ghatkopar, Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region