One of Mumbai's costliest real estate belts, Bandra West is a posh suburban neighbourhood of Mumbai.
Bandra is known to be one of the costliest and posh suburban localities of Mumbai and often referred to as the Queen of suburbs. Bandra like most neighbourhoods of Mumbai is divided into the Eastern and Western halves with the west being the more well-developed and cosmopolitan area. Bandra was once a place that housed quaint bungalows amidst narrow lanes and used to be a peaceful area. Over the years, increasing demand for property has made Bandra West a prime locality with unrealistic property prices even during the real-estate market meltdown. Over the past decade, builders have flouted many civic laws having come up with luxury skyscrapers on narrow lanes and small plots.
Bandra was once under the rule of the Portuguese which led to the Christianisation during the 16th century. It later became a part of the English Territory in the 18th century. The locality once comprised of many small villages which have now been lost to the urban development. The place still has many historical landmarks like the Bandra fort, Old Portuguese churches, Mount Mary's Basilica, some remnants of the colonial era bungalows that are now under threat due to ongoing urban development.
There are many prominent localities in close proximity to Bandra West including Mahim, Golibar and Bandra East. Since the completion of the BandraKurla Complex, Bandra West has transformed from a suburban residential neighbourhood to a commercial hub and thus creating a further demand for property and apartments in Bandra West. The locality is also home to many Bollywood actors and businessmen of Mumbai.
Reasons to invest in Bandra West:
Bandra West being a business district and a posh residential district holds immense potential for investors but also tends to be unaffordable for most people.
Top Places in Bandra West
Connectivity with nearby Bandra West localities:
Bandra West is very well connected to most parts of Mumbai city and major business centres.
- It is served by BEST buses
- Central and Harbour Railways connects it via railways to all other parts of Mumbai and suburbs
- Bandra Railway station is 1.2 km away from Bandra West via Hill Road and falls on the Western line of the suburban railway
- Trains bound for Northern and Western India depart from Bandra Terminus in Bandra East, located in close proximity to Bandra West
- Bandra-Worli Sealink has significantly reduced travel time for commuters bound for Worli
Employment hubs near Bandra West:
- The Bandra-Kurla complex located in Bandra West itself makes it one of the many commercial hubs of Mumbai
Schools in Bandra West and other social amenities:
Reputed educational institutions in Bandra West include –
- St. Paul's Convent
- Duruelo Convent School
- St. Theresa's High School
Renowned and reliable hospitals in Bandra West are –
- Holy Family Hospital
- Pali Hospital and Nursing Home
Bandra offers a plethora of shopping options with numerous high end stores located on Khar-Bandra Linking Road as well as Street-side shopping on Linking Road, Hill Road and its by-lanes. One of Mumbai's largest shopping malls, Phoenix Market City is located in Kurla, the adjoining neighbourhood to Bandra West.
Famous Places in Bandra West
- Gaiety CinemaTata Blocks, Bandra West, Western Suburbs, Mumbai, Thane District
- Shoppers Stop (Suburbia Mall)Bandra West, Western Suburbs, Mumbai, Thane District
- Coffee CultureRanwar, Bandra West, Western Suburbs, Mumbai, Thane District