Dadar is a popular locality situated to the south of Mumbai in Maharashtra. It is divided into two – Dadar West and Dadar East.
Dadar West is a preferred residential locality while Dadar East boasts being a popular commercial as well as a residential hub. Dadar West lies in close proximity to areas of Dharavi, Bandra West, Dadar East, Lower Parel, Bandra East, Mahalaxmi, Mahim, Byculla and Matunga while Dadar East lies close to Byculla, Dadar West, Dharavi, Lower Parel, Mahalaxmi, Mahim, Matunga, Parel, Prabhadevi and Sewri.
The regions of the locality witnessing thousands of tourists flooding in include - Shivaji Park, Mahatma Gandhi Olympic Swimming Pool, Dadar Chowpatty and Vinayak Temple.
Dadar East boasts housing Mumbai’s oldest bridge - The Manya Tilak Bridge which was built in the year 1923.
Dadar has grown up to emerge as a very convenient neighbourhood considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. The obvious rise in demand makes investing in Dadar a lucrative attempt. Presence of commercial hubs in and around the locality is making Dadar a preferred working as well as a residential destination of Mumbai.
Big ticket projects like Sugee Group Govind Sadan, Sumer Princess, Ruparel Elavia and Rishiraj Developers Pearl Crest are here to make Dadar a rather posh and coveted residential neighbourhood.
Top Places in Dadar
Connectivity with near Dadar localities:
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The extensive network of roadways linking Dadar to different parts of Maharashtra includes - Dadasaheb Phalke Marg, Dadar TT Flyover, Senapati Bapat Marg, Eastern Freeway and Gokhale Road, Annie Besant Road, King’s Circle Flyover and the NM Joshi Marg.
- BEST transport network of bus service is operational here
- The nearest railway station is the Central Railway Station which is situated at a distance of 6.5 kilometers from Dadar East and 6.9 kilometres from Dadar West.
- The nearest airport is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is 13.5 kilometers from the locality
Employment hubs near Dadar :
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various commercial complex in and near Dadar. These include –
- Bandra Kurla Complex which is situated at a distance of 7.9 kilometres from the locality
Schools in Dadar and social amenities :
Dadar provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- Social Service League Primary and High School
- Shri Bansidhar Model School and Junior College Commerce
- Stephen High School
- Shardashram Vidyamandir
- Balmohan Vidyamandir
- Dr. Antonio d'Silva High School and many others enjoy being the famous names of educational institutions in and around Dadar.
Of the social amenities provided by Dadar the major health institution dominating the locality includes –
- Sushrusha Hospital
- Ashwini Hospital
- Punamiya Hospital
- TB Hospital
- N M Medical Centre
- Cancer Care Foundation of India
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs. The locality also provides its residents with a number of luxurious shopping arcades like -
- High Street Phoenix
- Rangoli Time Complex
- Sixth Sense Shopping Mall
- R M Shopping Centre
Physical Infrastructure in Dadar :
- Metro Railway development plans have been proposed by the government and the work is underway.
Famous Places in Dadar
- Star MallKasaravadi, Dadar West, Dadar, Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Grandmama's CafeLokmanya Tilak Colony, Dadar East, Mumbai South , Mumbai, Thane District
- Coffee By Di BellaMahim West, Dadar West, Mumbai South , Mumbai, Thane District