Mulund is a suburban town in the North Eastern part of Mumbai. Mulund also has a railway station located on the Central Railway line on the Mumbai Suburban Railway. Nestled along the foothills of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mulund is easy accessible to most parts of India via the Eastern Express Highway and Mulund-Airoli Bridge. Mulund West, owing to its strategic location is often referred to as the 'Prince of the Suburbs'. It is also marks the end Mumbai city. Like most parts of Mumbai suburbs, Mulund is divided into East and West.
The history of Mulund dates back to the time of the Mauryan Empire. It also happens to be one of the earliest planned neighbourhoods of Mumbai city. In 1922, architects Crown & Carter in 1922 designed a gridiron plan which extends from present day Mulund railway station to Paanch Rasta Road junction in Mulund West. Although an old locality, globalisation during the 1990s transformed Mulund with its old structures giving way to modern high-rises, shopping malls and cineplexes. Modern buildings and luxury residential apartments have given a new skyline to this suburban neighbourhood of Mumbai amidst which the Johnson and Johnson factory, a significant landmark continues to be one of the old buildings amidst the new architecture.
Reasons to invest in Mulund West: Mulund West is strategically located and lies close to major business hubs and IT parks. This has led to a significant rise in demand for apartments in Mulund West. There are many builders in Mulund West presently constructing properties that has opened up prospects for investment for potential buyers. Given the rate of development of this suburb and its proximity to prominent locations, Mulund West holds great potential for investors with greater chances of profitable returns.
Top Places in Mulund West
Connectivity with nearby Mulund West localities:
Mulund West is well-connected both via railway and road. The Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg connects Sion to Mulund West. The Mulund Railway station connects the area to Bhandup, Ghatkopar and Vikhroli. Bus services are offered by service providers like BEST, NT, VT and TMT.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Railway Terminal is 32 km away
- The newly proposed Goregaon-Mulund Link Road (GMLR) is expected to connect Jogeshwari Link Road and connecting areas like Powai and Vikhroli
Employment hubs near Mulund West: There are several major companies in Mulund West and it is also well-connected to most commercial hubs of Mumbai.
- Mulund West has renowned offices of Johnson and Johnson, Wellcome (Glaxo) and Hoechst and Merind
- Powai is located 12.5 km away
- MIDC in Andheri East is located 9.5 km away
- Bandra-Kurla complex is 20.2km away via the Eastern Express Highway
- Mulund West boasts of famous engineering companies like Agfa, Gabriel and Richardson Cruddas.
Schools in Mulund West and other social amenities:
There are several reputed schools in Mulund West that include –
- H.K Gidwani High School
- Holy Angels' High School
Some tertiary educational institutes and colleges in Mulund West are –
- Mulund College of Commerce
- V.G Vaze College of Arts, Science and Commerce
Reputed and reliable hospitals in Mulund West include –
- Fortis Hospital
- Panchsheel Hospital
- CHETNA Critical Care Unit
There are several recreational parks in Mulund West such as the Kalidas Gardens, Sambhaji Garden, Dhingra Park, Johnson and Johnson Park etc. to name a few. There are several shopping malls too around the area with the most popular ones being R Mall and Lifestyle.
Famous Places in Mulund West
- D MartNirmal Nagar, Mulund Colony, Bhandup West, Mulund, Mumbai, Thane District
- Coffee By Di BellaIndustrial Area, Bhandup West, Mulund, Mumbai, Thane District
- The Laughter ChapterHanuman Chowk, Mulund East, Mulund, Mumbai, Thane District