Worli, located in the Southern part of Mumbai has emerged as one of the prime residential areas in recent years. It is considered to be the new premium residential destination for the super rich and celebrities with them either moving in or investing in this locality.
Worli being one of the seven Islands that constituted the city of Mumbai has seen major transformation over the years. From being a Fishing village in yester years, today it is not only a sought after posh residential area but also a major commercial hub. To name a few major companies that are located in this area are GSK Pharma, TATA, Novartis, HDFC Bank, Yes Bank, Siemens, CEAT and also Aditya Birla Group having its head office in Worli.
Unlike few localities in Mumbai city, Worli enjoys a good access to the sea shore. Demands for Real Estates in Worli have gone up due the low supply of housing units in other prime areas of South Mumbai. The development of the top apartments in Worli overlooking the sea came as a rescue to the residential market of South Mumbai which was lagging in satisfying the demand for luxury residential apartments. The sea facing apartments in Worli has attracted big ticketing transactions in recent times. Furthermore, the construction of the Bridge- Bandra–Worli Sea Link that connects the western suburb Bandra with Worli has impacted the prices of the real estate in Worli. It provides better connectivity to the center of the city and is believed to reduce the travel time from 60-90 minutes to 20-30 minutes during peak time.
Worli has become Mumbai’s new billionaire playground. Cricketers Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and Yuvraj Singh, film actors Abhishek Bachchan and Akshay Kumar, and business tycoons Baba Kalyani (chairman of Bharat Forge), Rizwan Koita (CEO of Citius Tech), Nandan Nilekani, Narayana Murthy, Ajay Piramal, Siddharth Yog (chairman of Xander Group) and Anil Agarwal (Sterlite Group) have their Property in Worli. There are several well known builders in Worli including Lodha Developers, Ajmera, Sanghvi Group of Companies and Kamla Group have launched luxury projects such as Lodha New Cuffe Parade, Lodha Codename Metropolis, Lodha Evoq Lodha Sky Gardens, Ajmera i-Land, Ajmera Treon, Ajmera Zeon, Spectra Royale, Sanghvi Heights and Kamala Estelle etc.
Reasons to invest in Worli:
Considering the price trends in Worli and the rising demand of the luxury apartments, the locality should prove to be a good investment. Flats in Worli are like living close to the nature with the waves flashing to ones doorstep yet it has all amenities that make a locality truly cosmopolitan. There is excellent appreciation of property rates for the sea facing view with retail hubs and companies setting up here. Big ticket projects like Lodha New Cuffe Parade are coming up here. The area offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and this is leading to the rapid growth of the locality.
Top Places in Worli
Connectivity with nearby Worli localities:
- The major train stations connecting nearby Worli localities are Chinchpokli on the Central line, Mumbai Mahalakshmi and Elphinstone Railway Station on the Western line.
- It is approximately 18 kms away from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport via Bandra-Worli Sea Link
- There are bus stops on the major roads i.e. GM Bhosle Marg, Annie Besant road and Bandra-Worli Sea link road.
- Bandra-Worli Sea link Bridge connecting Worli with the Western Suburbs of Mumbai.
Employment hubs near Worli:
- Worli is approximately 30 minutes away from the commercial hub Bandra-Kurla-Complex (BKC). The Eastern freeway has improved the road connectivity of CBD with south Mumbai. Moreover, the railway connectivity to Mumbai CST is very accessible.
- It is also a prime location for residential property seekers as well as retail outlets and commercial establishments for its proximity to IT/ITeS hub in Prabhadevi area.
Schools in Worli and other social amenities:
Worli provides a strong social infrastructure to the residents. Reputed schools in Worli include the Sacred Heart High School and the Greenlawns School. Leading hospitals in Worli include the ESIS hospital, Worli Hospital and Peoples Mobile Hospital. Popular malls in Worli include the Atria- the Millennium Mall and High Street Phoenix Mall to name a few. Popular tourist attractions in Worli include Mumbai-Worli Sea Face and the famous mosque the Haji Ali Dargah.
Physical infrastructure in Worli:
- The Bandra-Worli Sea Link is planned to be expanded with another Sealink to Lala Rajpat Rai Road that will link the Western Suburbs to Nariman Point in Mumbai's main business district.
- Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) have plan to develop 109 hectares of land of Wadala as a new commercial hub like BKC (Bandra-Kurla Complex) and further infrastructure plan such as Sewri-Nhava Sheva trans-harbor link and monorail project.
Famous Places in Worli
- Palladium MallGandhi Nagar, Upper Worli, Lower Parel, Mumbai South , Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Aer (four Seasons Hotel)Gandhi Nagar, Upper Worli, Worli, Mumbai South , Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Atria - The Millennium MallMarkandeshwar, Lotus Colony, Worli, Mumbai South , Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region