One of the many suburban nodes of Navi Mumbai, Ghansoli is a strategically located fast developing town.
Ghansoli is a suburban town of Mumbai and one of the nodes of Navi Mumbai. An upcoming and newly developed area, Ghansoli is home to several big industries and companies like Reliance, Siemens, Alkali and Standard. There is very little known about the origins of Ghansoli apart from the fact that it used to be a small village of fishermen and that it was a part of the salt Satyagraha movement. National leaders like Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Sarojini Naidu and Kasturba Gandhi are said to have assembled in Ghansoli village during this movement.One of the oldest landmarks of Ghansoli is the Mookambika temple. There also happens to be some other old religious places of worship like the Our Lady of the Forsaken Roman Catholic Church, an ashram for the Sikh Community in Sector-1 and a mosque close to the railway station.
Ghansoli used to be a small rural area. Now, being part of the nodal plans of Navi Mumbai by the CIDCO, Ghansoli is undergoing a fast paced but well-planned development in terms of infrastructure, housing, industry and overall commercial infrastructure which has given a positive boost to the trends in Ghansoli real estate.On the map, Ghansoli takes up the North-western part of Navi Mumbai. Like most nodes of Navi Mumbai, Ghansoli is divided into Eastern and Western halves whereby the Eastern half is said to be more developed while the western half comprises mostly of mangrove forests. Nearby Ghansoli localities include neighbouring localities of Mahape, Airoli, Vashi, Rabale and the MIDC trial Area.
Reasons to invest in Ghansoli
Several popular projects by reputed builders in Ghansoli have been launched in the recent years. Some have already been completed while the others are on its way to completion. Some of these builder names include Bhagwati Group, Prathamesh Constructions, Shakti Developers, Swaraj Group and Shanti Enterprises. Given the increasing demand for residential property and the upcoming projects in Ghansoli, investors will find Ghansoli a good place to invest in property that promises good returns in the long run.
Top Places in Ghansoli
Ghansoli is very well-connected in terms of public transport.
- Local trains plying between Thane and Vashi stop at Ghansoli at a frequency of 5 to 10 minutes during peak hours and 15 to 20 minutes at regular times
- By train, it takes 15 minutes to reach Thane or Vashi from Ghansoli
- BEST buses are available too for commuting to Vashi, Chembur, Worli, Mulund, Bhandup, Powai, Dindoshi, Borivali, Sion and Dadar
- The area is also serviced by NMMT buses taking people to the same places and also including Taloja, Panvel and Andheri.
Employment hubs near Ghansoli:
- Ghansoli is located approximately 11.9km from Navi Mumbai, one of the upcoming business hubs
- Andheri East is 21.7 km from Ghansoli via the Eastern Express Highway
- Bandra Kurla complex is located 24.4 km away via the Eastern Express Highway
Schools in Ghansoli and other social amenities:
There are several renowned schools in Ghansoli such as –
- St. Xavier's School
- Dayanand Anglo Vedic Public School
Prominent Colleges in Ghansoli-
- Manya Tilak College of Engineering
- Gandhi College of Management Studies
Some of the reliable and reputed hospitals in Ghansoli include-
- Suruchi Eye Centre
- Apurva Multispecialty Hospital
- Ashray Hospital
Famous Places in Ghansoli
- K M Suchak CompanyMIDC Industrial Area, Ghansoli, Thane Belapur Road-Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai, Thane District
- Dr.Sachin's Dentocare & Implant CentreGhansoli Gaon, Ghansoli, Thane Belapur Road-Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Divine HospitalJijamata Nagar, Sector 6, Ghansoli, Thane Belapur Road-Ghansoli, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region