Borivali East is a residential suburb located to the north – western part of Mumbai. It has a counterpart by the name of Borivali West and the two are divided by the Western Line.
Borivali arose from a conglomeration of a number of smaller towns namely - Eksar, Poisar, Kandivali, Shimpoli, Mandpeshwar, Kanheri, Tulsi, Magathane and many others. The name “Borivali” is derived from the name of a sweet fruit called “Borr” which means berries in English. There used to be a lot of those trees in Borivali which led to its christening. The existence of this locality dates back to the British Raj Era. The main tourist attraction of this region is the Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Land of Borivali was very fertile and extremely suitable for agriculture. The locality is known for its trade and urbanization and emerges as a major owing to its state of development and ease of connectivity to other parts of Maharashtra.
Reasons to invest in Borivali East
Considering the increasing price trends Borivali East and the obvious rise in demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment. The high increase in property prices is a promising trait to start with. Presence of more and more commercial hubs in and around the locality is making Borivali East a coveted working as well as a residential destination of Mumbai.
Big ticket projects like Oberoi Realty Sky City, CCI Projects Rivali Park Winter Green, Paradigm group Ariana and Hirani Developers Ruby Apartment are here to make Borivali East a rather posh and coveted residential neighbourhood.
Top Places in Borivali East
Connectivity with nearby Borivali East localities:
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- Borivali East lies in proximity to localities of Devipada, Abhinav Nagar, Jai Jawan Nagar, Asara Colony, Ambabari, Sukarwadi, endra Nagar, Chintamani Nagar, Shankheshwar Nagar, Ovari Pada, Chinchpada, Dattapada, Magathane and Nancy colony.
- Brihan Mumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST) and Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT) network of bus services are operational here.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is located at a distance of 18 kilometres from Borivali East.
- The nearest railway station is the Central Railway Station which is situated at a distance of 35 kilometres.
Employment hubs near Borivali East:
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various employment hubs and offices -
- Sai Auto Hyundai
- Ajeets Group
- Perfect Job Placement
All of these are located within few kilometres from Borivali East
Schools in Borivali East and other social amenities:
Borivali East provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- St John’s School
- Seth M K High School
- Municipal School
- Gokhale College
- ISMT Business School
- St. Rocks College of Commerce and Science
- Institute of Management Studies and Junior College and many others enjoy being the famous names of educational institutions in and around Borivali East.
Of the social amenities provided by Borivali East, the major health institution dominating the areas in and around the locality includes –
- Ankit Hospital
- Narendra Hospital
- Parmar Hospital
- Shatabdi Hospital
- Polis Hospital
- Crystal Hospital
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs. The locality provides its residents with a number of luxurious shopping arcades such as –
- Indraprastha Shopping Mall
- Raghuleela Mall
- Vishnu Shivam
- V Mall
Physical infrastructure in Borivali East:
- Thane - Borivali tunnel project has been approved and yet to be undertaken by the Government
Famous Places in Borivali East
- Metro Cash & Carry India Pvt LtdMagathane, Borivali East, Borivali, Mumbai, Thane District
- Sanjay Gandhi National ParkKulupwadi, Borivali East, Borivali, Mumbai, Thane District
- Diamond CinemaGyan Nagar, Mhatre Wadi, Borivali West, Borivali, Mumbai, Thane District