Malad West is a locality located in the northern part of Mumbai. This locality had been mostly covered with mangroves and very few number of people lived but after the mid 20th century there has been a turnaround. From the late 20th century it has been noticed that this area has been quite high in demand for residential area among the wealthy class of people. From the early 2000s this locality has growing tremendously and today it is an important residential area as well as an important commercial and IT hub.
Malad in the 19th century was comprised of several villages like Orlem, Kharodi, Rathodi, Malwani, Marve, Aksa, Madh and Chinchowli. In the year 1934, the first movie company was Bombay Talkies and was established in Malad by Himanshu Rai and Devika Rani. The major localities today in Malad are Sunder nagar, Govind nagar, Navy nagar etc.
The real estate of Malad West is booming day by day. There are several builders in Malad West who are constructing several flats and apartments in Malad West. There are several independent houses in Malad West too. Different builders like Rajesh Life spaces, Rustomjee Group are constructing flats of different sizes and which provides wide range of amenities to suit its customers accordingly.
Reasons to invest in Malad West
Malad West is one of the fastest growing localities in Mumbai. This area is well known for its residential colonies also for its IT hubs. It is in close proximity to other employment hubs as well. The social infrastructure of this area is well developed and people residing in this area will face hardly any difficulties. The transport system is good and the railway and airport is also close by. Most white collared workers wish to live in this area and many real estate developers are constructing apartments and houses for them. Soon it will be one of the top most localities of Mumbai.
Top Places in Malad West
Connectivity with nearby Malad West localities
- The distance from Central Railway Station Mumbai to Malad West is 23.1 km.
- The distance from Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport is 12.2 km away from Malad West.
- There are several bus stops in the locality which help to connect with other areas.
Schools in Malad West and other social amenities
The social infrastructure of Malad West is well developed. There are several schools and colleges located in this area. There are well quipped hospitals, diagnostic centres. There are refreshment options also available like amusement parks, movie halls, shopping malls, eateries etc. There are schools in Malad West like Rose Mary English High School, Holy Mother English School. There are hospitals in Malad West like Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Hospital, Dr. Amulya Sahu Eye Hospital etc. There are banks in Malad west like Axiz Bank ATM, ICICI Bank ATM. There are restaurants in Malad West like Cafe Ajwa, The Hangout pizza hub etc.
Employment hubs near Malad West
Malad West is in itself a business hub with several IT companies located in this area.
- The distance from Bandra to Malad West is 20.6 km via Western Express Highway
- The distance from Andheri to Malad West is 12.1km via Western Express Highway
- The distance from Powai to Malad West is 13.3 km via JVLR.
Famous Places in Malad West
- Infiniti Mall MaladMindspace, Malad West, Western Suburbs, Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Inorbit Mall MaladMindspace, Malad West, Goregaon, Mumbai, Mumbai Metropolitan Region
- Shoppers Stop (Inorbit Mall)Mindspace, Malad West, Western Suburbs, Mumbai, Thane District