Table of Contents
A suburban area of Mumbai, Andheri is a well-developed locality that lies in close proximity to areas of Jogeshwari east and west, Goregaon east and west, Malad Creek and BMC Road. A well-known industrial hub, Andheri, is witnessing a surge in population in recent years and the property rates are thus, increasing. It houses some of the best houses and apartments of Mumbai and famous educational institutions are also located in Andheri. Mayfair Housing, Hubtown and Bajaj International Realty, are among the famous developers investing in Andheri.
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
Connectivity with nearby Andheri localities
- Andheri is connected to a number of highways, namely, Jogeshwari-Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) and NH8.
- The locality is linked to the Western Railway network that extends from Churchgate to Vasai and with the Harbour line that connects Andheri to Panvel.
- The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is located in this region.
Employment hubs near Andheri
The locality is witnessing an increase in population in recent years, owing to its proximity to various employment hubs. These include –
- Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC)
- SEEPZ (Santacruz Electronic and Export Promotion Zone) which acts as the hub of renowned companies such as Bizz India Pvt. Ltd and Global Link Solutions.
- Andheri west houses the popular studios of Balaji Telefilms, Sony Entertainment, Sahara TV and NDTV.
Andheri provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. Various schools in Andheri include St Xaviers High School, St Dominic Savio High School, Holy Family School, Sardar Patel College of Engineering , Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Chinai College of Commerce & Economics and many others.
The major hospitals in Andheri include the very famous Seven Hills Hospital. Apart from these it also provides recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs.
The locality also provides its residents with many luxurious shopping centres such as Oberoi Mall, Hub Mall, R City Mall and Infinity Mall.
The hotels situated in the locality include The Leela, Le Royal, ITC Maratha, Hyatt and Courtyard by Marriott.
Physical infrastructure in Andheri
- The Mumbai Metro railway line metro between Versova and Ghatkopar west is being built by the government.
Price trends in Andheri
- Price appreciation – Around 13% in last 2 years.
- Current property rates- Rs 18,300– Rs 19,000 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Andheri
Considering the increasing price trends in Andheri and the obvious rise in demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment. The presence of commercial hubs in and around the locality is making Andheri a coveted working, as well as residential destination.
Big-ticket projects like Mahindra Lifespaces Vivante, Heena Group of Companies Gokul Malavika, Heena Group of Companies Gokul Woods and Ecohomes Nai Roshni make Andheri a rather posh and coveted residential neighbourhood.
Check properties in Andheri