Table of Contents
- Griha Pravesh Shubh Muhurat dates in 2020
- Griha Pravesh dates in January 2020 (Magha)
- Griha Pravesh dates in February 2020 (Faghun)
- Griha Pravesh dates in March 2020 (Chaitra)
- Griha Pravesh dates in April 2020 (Baisakha)
- Griha Pravesh dates in May 2020 (Baisakha/Jyestha)
- Griha Pravesh dates in June 2020 (Jyestha/Ashadh)
- Griha Pravesh dates from mid-June to October 2020 (Ashadh, Sharavan, Bhadrapad, Ashwin)
- Griha Pravesh dates in October 2020 (Ashwin/Kartik)
- Griha Pravesh dates in November 2020 (Kartik/Margasirsa)
- Griha Pravesh dates in December 2020 (Margasirsa/Paus)
- Important points to consider, for a Griha Pravesh ceremony
A ‘Griha Pravesh’ or a house warming ceremony, is performed only once for a home. So, it is essential to take care of every detail, to avoid mistakes. If you have recently bought a home, this includes selecting the right date for the ceremony. It is better to plan the Griha Pravesh ceremony well in advance, to avoid problems in the last minute. Early planning can help you to lock in on the best Shubh Muhurat for your Griha Pravesh. Else, you may have to remain content with a normal muhurat, if you delay in finalising the date. To make things easier for you, we have listed out the auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in 2019-20.
Griha Pravesh Shubh Muhurat dates in 2020
Narendra Jain, expert at Arihant Vastu, says, “For the Griha Pravesh, many people consider Kharmaas, Shraad, Chaturmaas, etc., to be inauspicious. The panchang may vary from region to region. So, one must consult an astrologer, before finalising the date as per the panchang followed in their area. The auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in 2020 are as mentioned below:
|Griha Pravesh Date||Day||Tithi|
Griha Pravesh dates in January 2020 (Magha)
- January 29, Wednesday – Panchami
- January 30, Thursday – Panchami
Basant Panchami is expected on January 29 and 30, 2020, which are very auspicious for the house warming.
Griha Pravesh dates in February 2020 (Faghun)
- February 3, Monday – Dushmi
- February 5, Wednesday – Akadashi
- February 13, Thursday – Panchami
- February 26, Wednesday – Tritiya
Griha Pravesh dates in March 2020 (Chaitra)
- March 9, Monday – Purnima/Ekum
- March 11, Wednesday – Tritiya
- March 12, Thursday – Tritiya
- March 18, Wednesday – Dushmi/Ekadashi
- March 19, Thursday – Ekadashi
Griha Pravesh dates in April 2020 (Baisakha)
- April 25, Saturday – Tritiya
- April 27, Monday – Panchami
Akshaya Tritiya falling on April 25, is considered highly auspicious for Griha Pravesh.
Griha Pravesh dates in May 2020 (Baisakha/Jyestha)
- May 8, Friday – Diwitiya
- May 18, Monday – Ekadashi
- May 23, Saturday – Dwitiya
Griha Pravesh dates in June 2020 (Jyestha/Ashadh)
- June 15, Monday – Dushmi
Griha Pravesh dates from mid-June to October 2020 (Ashadh, Sharavan, Bhadrapad, Ashwin)
- There are no auspicious dates during this period. Griha Pravesh during these months brings in negative energy can result in financial losses and health problems.
Griha Pravesh dates in October 2020 (Ashwin/Kartik)
- Check with your astrologer/pandit
Griha Pravesh dates in November 2020 (Kartik/Margasirsa)
- November 19, Thursday – Panchami
- November 25, Wednesday – Ekadashi
- November 30, Monday – Purnima
Griha Pravesh dates in December 2020 (Margasirsa/Paus)
- December 10, Thursday – Ekadashi
- December 16, Wednesday – Tritiya
- December23, Wednesday – Dushmi.”
Experts suggest confirming the time span available on the chosen Griha Pravesh date because in months like April, May and June, there will be only a few auspicious days and you may find difficulty in getting a pujari/pandit.
Important points to consider, for a Griha Pravesh ceremony
Vikash Sethi, CEO and promoter, A2Zvastu.com says, “Before entering the new home and finalising the Griha Pravesh date, ensure that your home is ready to be occupied. Ensure that the home is not vacant and someone from the family lives in it, immediately after the Griha Pravesh ceremony.” Sethi suggests keeping the following points in mind, before doing the Griha Pravesh:
- Ensure that there is no dwar vedh (obstacle) in front of your home’s main entrance.
- Keep the house neat and clean on the day of the Griha Pravesh.
- Light up the house and use flowers for fragrance, while decorating the home.
- Perform the Griha Pravesh during the exact muhurat recommended by the astrologer/expert.
You may perform the Griha Pravesh by inviting a limited number of relatives and friends and later, organise a big party on another date, as per your convenience. As you will not do another Griha Pravesh for the same home again, hence, avoid an unplanned entry. Take your time and decide the date carefully, while keeping all other details also in mind.