Table of Contents
Arumbakkam is one of the oldest neighborhoods located in north-western part of Chennai. As per the locals, Arumbakkam was a village during the British rule and was used for mango cultivation till about the 1960s. Later, it was included into the main city of Madras. Over the years, the area has grown into one of the most sought-after markets in Chennai real estate. It has all the facilities which are required for a modern-day lifestyle. Nearby Arumbakkam localities include Ayanavaram, Koyembedu, Anna Nagar, Aminjikarai, etc.
Being one of the oldest parts of the city, it is one of the premier residential areas as far as Arumbakkam real estate is concerned. Beautifully planned and landscaped, the area has well-developed social amenities and is home to a mixed population. Many premier educational institutions are located in the area. The locality also houses the Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board. Due to the advent of various IT majors and other multinational corporations, Chennai has been witnessing a rapid influx of working population from outside. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Arumbakkam, being one of the noted suburbs of Chennai.
There are a number of noted projects which have come up in the area like Arihant Housing Majestic Towers, Arihant Housing Panache, etc. Builders in Arumbakkam include famed developers like the Arihant Group which is working on some major projects in Arumbakkam.
Connectivity with nearby Arumbakkam localities
- Kaliamman Koil Street, Konnur High Road, Poonamallee High Road and Jawaharlal Nehru Road are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Anna Nagar Bus stand, Koyembedu Bus stand and CMBT lie in close vicinity.
- The Anna Nagar railway station is located very close to the area and forms a part of the suburban train services in Chennai.
- The Chennai Egmore Metro Station and the Koyembedu Metro Station are not very far.
- The international airport is located at a distance of 17 kilometres from the area.
Employment hubs near Arumbakkam
- The Prince Info Park IT is located approximately at a distance of 5 kilometres.
- The Quanta Engineers, the Ambattur Clothing Co and One India Bulls Park, are located at a distance of approximately 2-3 kilometres.
- The AR Foundations Acropolis and the Ambattur Industrial Estate are approximately 4-5 kilometres away from the area.
- The Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation and the Madras Stock Exchange are also at a distance of approximately 6 kilometres only.
Arumbakkam offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Arumbakkam include the Kola Perumal Chetty Vaishnav Senior School, Jaya Maaruthi Sangeetha Vidhyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Arumbakkam include the Aashiana Hospital, Madras Medical Mission Hospital, Frontier Lifeline Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Arumbakkam such as the Chandra Metro Mall, Indira Arcade, Ampa Skywalk Mall, etc.
Price trends in Arumbakkam
- Price appreciation—Around 35% in the last one year
- Current property rates—Rs 7,800-Rs 13,990 per sq ft
Reasons to invest in Arumbakkam
Arumbakkam possesses many gated communities and luxury apartments. It offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the major reasons for its rapid growth. Thus, there is no denying that Arumbakkam is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai. Further, considering the price trends in Arumbakkam and the rising demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment region in future. There will be excellent appreciation of property rates in the area and with a number of projects which are being developed, the area will only grow further.
Check properties in Arumbakkam