Table of Contents
Baner is a premier residential area located in the western suburbs of Pune. It is also one of the oldest localities of Pune and was ruled by the Kalamkar family.
Agriculture was once predominant in Baner, but was lost due to urbanisation and growth of residential and commercial zones. Nearby Baner localities include many famous areas of the city of Pune such as Pashan, Balewadi, Wakad and Aundh. A variety of projects are available in Baner and these range from affordable to luxury. There are a lot of reputed builders like the Kolte-Patil Developers, Kundan Spaces and Raviraj Realty who are working on their different projects in Baner. Some of the premier projects in Baner include Pride Valencia, Paranjape Schemes Crystal Garden and Marvel Sorrento.
Due to advent of various IT majors and other multinational companies (MNCs), the city of Pune has been witnessing a significant influx of working population from outside the city. As a result of this there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Baner, as it is one of the prominent suburbs of Pune. Even though the prices of the flats in Baner are going up at a rapid pace, affordable housing for the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies can be still found here.
Baner has incredible natural beauty. The scenic hills and the Baner-Pashan Biodiversity Park are the landmarks here. The civic amenities have also improved. The industrial growth and the growth of the IT sector have led to the development of retail and hospitality sectors in the area.
Connectivity with nearby Baner localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area, namely The Pune Bypass Road, The Mumbai-Bangalore Highway, The Gopal Hari Deshmukh Marg and the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
- The area boasts of an extensive bus service and the Baner Bus Stand and the Shivaji Nagar Bus Stand lie in close vicinity.
- There is a railway station at Shivaji Nagar from which the railway services can be availed. The railway station is approximately 9 kilometres away from Baner.
- It takes about half an hour from Baner to reach the Pune Airport.
Employment hubs near Baner
- Pune IT Park is located approximately 6 kilometres from the locality of Baner.
- The ICC towers and the Mahratta Chamber Of Commerce Industries & Agriculture are located at a distance of approximately 6 kilometres.
- RMZ Westend is approximately 3 kilometres away.
- Nanospace IT Park is located in Baner.
Baner offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Baner include the Sinhgad Spring Dale School, St. Joseph High School and Vibgyor High School Balewadi. Some of the leading hospitals in Baner include the Seth Ramdas Shah Memorial Hospital, Oyster and Pearl Hospital and Ratna Memorial Hospital. The shopping needs of Baner’s residents are catered to by malls in Baner such as the Juna Bazaar or Old Market, SGS Mall and Ozone Mall.
Price trends in Baner
- Price appreciation- Around 20% in the last one year.
- Current property rates- Rs 5,708 –Rs 8,601 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Baner
Considering the price trends in Baner and the rising demand, the locality would prove to be a good investment option. There is excellent appreciation of property rates here, owing to a number of projects which are being developed. Moreover, the area is also located near the IT/ITeS hub and industrial zones of Pune. Baner has a beautiful landscape and the state government is planning to develop it further. So, the scope of development of infrastructure facilities is also there. Considering all these factors, Baner is an excellent place for investment.
Check properties in Baner