Table of Contents
Behala is both, a residential and a commercial hub. The major landmarks housed in the locality include Sabarna Sangrahashala, State Archaeology Museum, Barisha Chandi Mandir, Sonar Durgabari and Siddheshwari Kali Temple. Behala enjoys close proximity to the localities of Taratala, Tram Depot, Parnasree Pally, Manton, Kadamtala, Chowrasta, Silpara, Thakurpukur and Sakher Bazar.
The locality is home to illustrious personalities, like former cricketer Sourav Ganguly and the current mayor of Kolkata, Sovan Chatterjee.
Connectivity with nearby Behala localities
The locality is well-connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- The locality is connected to the renowned localities of Kolkata, namely, BBD Bagh, Howrah, Sealdah, Park Street, Bidhannagar and Kidderpore, via bus networks.
- The nearest railway stations include Brace Bridge, Majerhat and New Alipore railway station, which are located at distances of 3.1, 3.2 and 4.6 kilometres, respectively, from the locality.
- The nearest airport is The Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, which is situated at a distance of 28 kilometres.
- CSTC, WBSTC and CTC networks of bus services are operational here.
Employment hubs near Behala
The locality is witnessing an increase in population in recent years, owing to its proximity to the commercial hub of Sector V, which is located at a distance of 19.2 kilometres.
Behala provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. This includes various schools and hospitals. Sammilani Aurobindo Palli, Gangarampur Girls High, Arya Vidyamandir, National Gems, Barisha High, Behala College, Rabin Mukherjee College and many more enjoy being the best educational institutions of Behala.
The major health institutions in Behala include Good Earth Medical Care and Research, Barisha Hospital and Vidyasagar State General and Hospital.
Apart from these, it also provides recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs, including Axis Bank, HDFC Bank and State Bank of India.
Behala also provides its residents with a number of recreational amenities, of which the popular shopping arcades include Willow Towers and M Bazaar.
Physical infrastructure in Behala
- A number of IT and ITeS offices are being set up along the Diamond Harbour Road connecting Behala.
Price trends in Behala
- Price appreciation in Behala – Around 40.9% in the last 2 years.
- Present property rates in Behala – Rs 3,230 –Rs 3,825 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Behala
Behala has emerged as a very convenient neighbourhood, considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. The rise in property prices and demand, make investing in Behala a lucrative option. Behala has emerged as a preferred working as well as residential destination of Kolkata.
Projects like Bidyarthi Builders Kolkata Astha, Balaji Consortium Marigold, RBN Project Spring Nest and SKDJ Group Parnasree Green situated in and around the locality are among the best projects to invest in Behala.
Check properties in Behala