Table of Contents
The name of the locality originated from the word “Char Khop” which literally means “4 huts”. The locality used to be inhabited by fishermen. Charkop never used to be populated much till the early 1990s. But with the advent of 1991, Charkop witnessed a huge surge of inhabitant population and now it emerges to be a well – known residential and commercial hub.
Connectivity with nearby Charkop localities
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- ST transport network of bus service is operational here
- The nearest railway stations include –the Kandivali Railway Station which is situated at a distance of 3.5 kilometres from the locality and the Borivali Station that is 4 kilometres away.
- The nearest airport is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is 17.1 kilometers from the locality.
Employment hubs near Charkop
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various commercial complexes in and near Charkop. These include:
- Bandra Kurla Complex which is situated at a distance of 23.5 kilometres from the locality
Charkop provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- St Mary’s High School
- K B Patil International School at Charkop
- Indian Education Society High School
- Ekvira High School
- Mother Teresa High School
- Oxford Public School
- Akshara High School and many others enjoy being the famous names of educational institutions in and around Charkop.
Of the social amenities provided by Charkop the major health institutions dominating the locality include:
- Shivam Hospital Super Multispecialty Hospital
- Rahul Maternity & Surgical Hospital
- Dr. Reena Mokal Hospital
- Saraswati Hospital
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs:
- Dena Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Union Bank
The locality also provides its residents with a number of luxurious shopping arcades like:
- Mahadev Hardware Plaza
- Sunrays Shopping Centre
- Zoom Plaza Mall
Physical infrastructure in Charkop
- Metro Railway development plans have been proposed by the government and the work is underway. Metro lines will run from Charkop to Mankhurd.
- Plans to create a bird sanctuary for preservation and exhibition of the various types of birds of the mangrove areas of Sector 8 have been made by MCGM.
Price trends in Charkop
- Price Depreciation in Charkop – around 1% in last 3 months
- Current property rates in Charkop : INR 9,543 – INR 14,255 per sq ft
Reasons to invest in Charkop
Charkop has grown up to emerge as a very convenient neighbourhood considering the easy living conditions and many job opportunities that it provides its residents with. Although the price rates have been seen to be decreasing in the present scenario, the increasing demand of properties in Charkop will soon cause property rates to skyrocket and so investing in Charkop will prove to be quite lucrative. Presence of commercial hubs in and around the locality is making Charkop a preferred working as well as a residential destination of Mumbai.
Projects like The Wadhwa Madhupuri, Bhoomi Samkit and many more located in and near the locality are here to make Charkop a rather posh and coveted residential neighbourhood that provides better and cheaper living conditions.
Check properties in Charkop