Table of Contents
Choolaimedu is one of the oldest neighbourhoods located in the city of Chennai. The locality has a history, which dates back to the period of the Pallava and the Chola Dynasty and later, during the British rule, it was attached to be a part of the greater city of Chennai. The area is just beside the locality of Kodambakkam, where the first movie studio and theatre of Chennai was established. Later, a number of other studios were also started in the area. Famous music composer AR Rahman has his house and music studio in the locality. As far as infrastructure is concerned, the locality is dotted with many important roads. One of the first flyovers of Chennai was built in the area, way back in the 1970s and eases the traffic congestion of the area.
As far as Choolaimedu real estate is concerned, the locality has premier residential complexes. Nearby Choolaimedu localities include Vadapalani, KK Nagar, Ashok Nagar, T Nagar, Kodambakkam, etc. Many real estate projects are being developed by prominent builders in Choolaimedu like Siddharth Housing, Navin Housing, etc. A few of the noted projects in Choolaimedu include Siddharth Housing Tulsi, Doshi Gardens and Navin Housing Krishna Gokulam, etc.
Connectivity with nearby Choolaimedu localities
- Poonamalle High Road, Dr Shivaji Ganesan Road, Sardar Patel Road and Arcot Road, are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The locality is located at a distance of approximately 7 kilometres from Koyembedu Bus Stand, one of the landmarks of bus transport in Chennai.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned, the Koyembedu Metro Station, Airport Metro station and the Chennai Central and the Egmore Metro stations are located at close proximity.
- The Chennai Central and the Chennai Egmore railway stations are located very close, approximately 9 kilometres and 7.5 kilometres from the area, respectively. Choolaimedu is also very close to Kodambakkam railway station, which is one of the largest in the city of Chennai.
- The international airport is at a distance of approximately 12 kilometres from the locality.
Employment hubs near Choolaimedu
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located very close to the locality – approximately 7 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure- Chennai One, are located approximately at a distance of 5 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khadar Nawaz Khan Road, Madras Stock Exchange and the Visharanthi homes are located at an approximate distance of about 3-4 kilometres from the area.
Choolaimedu offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Choolaimedu include the Kendriya Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, LMD Senior Secondary School and Choolaimedu Matriculation Higher Secondary School. Some of the leading hospitals in Choolaimedu include the Surya Hospital, Amma Hospital and Vijay Hospital. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Choolaimedu such as the Maya Plaza, Forum Vijaya Mall, Matrix Mall, etc.
Price trends in Choolaimedu
- Price appreciation – around 36% in the last one year.
- Current property rates – Rs 5,402-8,729 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Choolaimedu
Considering the price trends in Choolaimedu and the rising demand, the locality should prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates and a number of projects are being developed. The area has a cosmopolitan population. Moreover, there is a variety of the residential projects available. The area offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the reasons for its rapid growth. There is no denying that Choolaimedu is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai.