Table of Contents
East Tambaram is one of the oldest neighbourhoods, located in the southern part of Chennai and is one of the major residential and commercial hubs of the city. Earlier, the area was a village and during the British rule, it was a camp for the British East India Company. Later, it was included into the main city of Madras. Now, East Tambaram is known as the gateway to the southern part of Chennai. Nearby East Tambaram localities include Pallavaram, Chromepet, Chitlapakkam, Thiruneermalai, etc.
Being one of the oldest parts of the city, it is one of the premier residential areas as far as East Tambaram real estate is concerned. Beautifully planned and landscaped, the area has well-developed social amenities and is home to a cosmopolitan population. The Madras Christian College is located in the area. The famous Poondi Bazaar is also located in the area. Due to the advent of various IT majors and other multinational corporations, Chennai has been witnessing a rapid growth in influx of working population from outside. As a result of this, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in East Tambaram.
There are a number of noted projects which have come up in the area, like Royal Splendour Akarshana, VGN Milano Square, Marutham Group Heritage, etc. Builders in East Tambaram include the Marutham Group, Mantri Group, Shriwin Constructions and Steps Stone Group, who are working on various projects in East Tambaram.
Connectivity with nearby East Tambaram localities
- Chennai Bypass Expressway, Kundrathur Road, Grand Southern Trunk Road and Outer Ring Road, are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Tambaram Bus Stand and the Tambaram Stand, lie in close vicinity.
- The area has its own suburban railway station. Apart from that, there is a railway station at Chromepet, from which the railway services can also be availed. The Chromepet railway station is approximately 4 kilometres away from East Tambaram.
- The International Airport Metro Station, the St Thomas Mount Metro Station and the Alandur Metro Station, lie at a close proximity.
- The International Airport is about 9 kilometres away from the area.
Employment hubs near East Tambaram
- The Olympia Tech Park, the TEK Meadows and the MPL Silicon Towers, are located at an approximate distance of 15 kilometres from the area.
- The Chennai Trade Centre, the SIDCO Industrial Estate and TECCI Park, are approximately 16 kilometre away from the area.
East Tambaram offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in East Tambaram include the Loyola Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Lalaji Memorial Omega International School and Chellammal Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School. Some of the leading hospitals in East Tambaram include the Chennai Krishna Hospital, BM Hospital and Hindu Mission Health Services. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in East Tambaram, such as the Gold Souk Grande Mall, Phoenix Market City, Matrix Mall, etc.
Price trends in East Tambaram
- Price appreciation – around 27% in the last one year.
- Current property rates – Rs 3,351-5,132 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in East Tambaram
Considering the price trends in East Tambaram and the rising demand, the locality should prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates with a number of projects being developed. The area has many gated communities and luxury apartments. The area offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the reasons for its rapid growth. There is no denying that East Tambaram is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai. Considering all these factors, East Tambaram is an excellent place for investment.