Table of Contents
Ghansoli is a suburban town of Mumbai and one of the nodes of Navi Mumbai. An upcoming and newly developed area, Ghansoli is home to several big industries and companies like Reliance, Siemens, Standard Alkali and Company Ltd, etc.
There is very little known about the origins of Ghansoli, apart from the fact that it used to be a small village of fishermen and that it was a part of the salt Satyagraha movement. National leaders like Dr Rajendra Prasad, Sarojini Naidu and Kasturba Gandhi are said to have assembled in Ghansoli village during this movement. One of the oldest landmarks of Ghansoli is the Mookambika temple. There are also other old religious places in the area like Our Lady of the Forsaken Roman Catholic Church, an ashram for the Sikh Community in Sector-1 and a mosque close to the railway station.
Ghansoli used to be a small rural area. Now, being a part of the nodal plans of Navi Mumbai by the CIDCO, Ghansoli is undergoing fast paced but well-planned development in terms of infrastructure, housing, industry and overall commercial infrastructure which has given a positive boost to the Ghansoli real estate. On the map, Ghansoli takes up the north-western part of Navi Mumbai. Like most nodes of Navi Mumbai, Ghansoli is divided into eastern and western half. The eastern half is said to be more developed while the western half comprises mostly of mangrove forests. Nearby Ghansoli localities include Mahape, Airoli, Vashi, Rabale and MIDC Area.
Connectivity with nearby Ghansoli localities
Ghansoli is very well-connected in terms of public transport.
- Local trains plying between Thane and Vashi stop at Ghansoli at a frequency of 5-10 minutes during peak hours and 15-20 minutes at regular times.
- By train, it takes 15 minutes to reach Thane or Vashi from Ghansoli.
- BEST buses are available for commuting to Vashi, Chembur, Worli, Mulund, Bhandup, Powai, Dindoshi, Borivali, Sion and Dadar.
- The area is also serviced by NMMT buses taking people to the same places and also including Taloja, Panvel and Andheri.
Employment hubs near Ghansoli
- Ghansoli is located approximately 11.9 kilometres from the upcoming business hubs of Navi Mumbai.
- Andheri east is 21.7 kilometres from Ghansoli via the Eastern Express Highway.
- Bandra-Kurla complex is located 24.4 kilometres away via the Eastern Express Highway.
There are several renowned schools in Ghansoli such as St Xavier’s School, Dayanand Anglo Vedic Public School, etc. Prominent colleges in Ghansoli include Manya Tilak College of Engineering, Gandhi College of Management Studies, etc. Some of the reliable and reputed hospitals in Ghansoli include Suruchi Eye Centre, Apurva Multispecialty Hospital, Ashray Hospital etc.
Price trends in Ghansoli
There has been a significant growth and development of Navi Mumbai nodes like Ghansoli leading to growing demand for apartments in Ghansoli. This in turn has influenced price trends in Ghansoli resulting in a steady rise.
Reasons to invest in Ghansoli
Several popular projects by reputed builders in Ghansoli have been launched in the recent years. Some have already been completed, while the others are on its way to completion. Some of these builders include names like Bhagwati Group, Prathamesh Constructions, Shakti Developers, Swaraj Group and Shanti Enterprises. Given the increasing demand for residential property and the upcoming projects in Ghansoli, it will become good place to invest in property, promising good returns in the long run.
Check properties in Ghansoli