Table of Contents
Amid rising population in the ‘Pink City’, Jaipur, the Jaipur Development Authority (JDA) was established, to help ‘create basic infrastructure, meet the needs of the ever-increasing population and for the required expansion of the city through sustainable and orderly growth’. Constituted under the Jaipur Development Authority Act, 1982, the JDA uses a holistic approach towards the future growth of one of the fastest-developing capital cities in India.
Area under JDA jurisdiction
The JDA has an area of 3,000 sq kilometres under its jurisdiction.
Key responsibilities of JDA
- Infrastructure development in Jaipur through the construction of Bridges, flyovers and parking places.
- Development of residential schemes, commercial projects, etc.
- Development of basic amenities like parks, community centres and ring roads.
- Preparation and implementation of the city master plan.
- Development and rehabilitation of kacchi bastis, etc.
- Preparation and implementation of guidelines for colonisation.
- Environmental development by planning and implementing road-side plantations and eco-friendly schemes.
- Development of the rural areas around Jaipur.
- Development of transport facilities like MTRS (Mass Rapid Transport Systems), Transport Nagar and major sector roads.
JDA housing schemes
Like any other development agency, the JDA is also responsible for developing housing for the city’s residents that are sold at a much lower rate than the prevalent market rates. The JDA has also launched affordable housing schemes for the economically weaker sections (EWS).
Check out price trends in Jaipur
Registration for allotment in JDA residential schemes in 2020
Buyers from the EWS and LIG segments can register for allotment of units under the JDA’s Affordable Housing Policy, 2009. Registration for the JDA housing scheme 2020 ended on December 6, 2020. The allotment for the scheme will be done through a lottery that will be held on January 11, 2021.
How does the credit-linked subsidy scheme for EWS and LIG work?
Under the scheme, 166 homes will be allotted to eligible candidates from the EWS category, 72 flats to applicants from the LIG category and 51 flats to MIG applicants. The price for these homes has been kept at Rs 1,680 per sq ft.
To check out the locations, where these flats /plot are available, click here.
Auction property by JDA
Buyers looking to acquire a property through an auction method can also approach the JDA for the same, as the body conducts property auctions from time to time. Auctions by the JDA are conducted in physical, as well as online form.
To get details of auction property, buyers can use the following channels:
Phone number: +91 141 2563238, +91 141 2569696 Extension: 6005
WhatsApp number: +91 9462569696
Check out properties for sale in Jaipur
How to check JDA patta status?
For the JDA patta status, use the online citizen services section on the JDA website.
What is the latest Jaipur Master Plan?
The latest JDA master plan is the Master Development Plan 2025.
Does the JDA have housing schemes?
Yes, the Jaipur Development Authority has housing schemes to allot flats to EWS, LIG and MIG segments.