Table of Contents
Kalyani Nagar is a premier residential area located in the eastern suburbs of Pune, which lies in very close proximity to Koregaon Park.
Kalyani Nagar is a name which has been derived after the name of the famed industrialist Neelkanth Kalyani. He was the pioneer of the Kalyani Forging Company in the 1960s. Some of the multi-national companies (MNCs) like HSBC, Cybage and Capegemini, have set up their offices in this locality.
Nearby Kalyani Nagar localities include many famous areas of the city of Pune such as Viman Nagar, Yerwada, Vishrantwadi and Koregaon Park. The varieties of the projects available in this area are many and they range from affordable to luxurious. There are a lot of reputed builders like the Vascon Engineers, Raviraj and K Raheja Group who are working on their different projects in Kalyani Nagar. Some of the premier projects in Kalyani Nagar include ABIL Clover Verde, Vascon Ivy Glen and Clover Watergardens.
Due to advent of various IT majors and other MNCs, the city of Pune has been witnessing a rapid growth in influx of working population from outside the city. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Kalyani Nagar, with it being one of the noted suburbs of Pune. Even though the prices of the flats in Kalyani Nagar are going up at a rapid pace, affordable housing to suit the needs of the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies, can still be found here.
The civic amenities have also improved. The industrial growth and the growth of the IT sector have also led to the development of retail and hospitality sectors in the area.
Connectivity with nearby Kalyani Nagar localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area namely The Sant Jnaneshwar Marg, The Nagar Road and the Mundhwa Road.
- The area has extensive bus services with the Greenfield Bus Stand and the Pune Swargate Bus Depot located in close vicinity.
- There is a railway station at Shivaji Nagar from which the railway services can be availed. The Khadki railway station is approximately about 8 kilometres away from Kalyani Nagar.
- It takes about 10 minutes from Kalyani Nagar to reach Pune Airport.
Employment hubs near Kalyani Nagar
- Phursungi IT Park, Magarpatta City and the Amanora Park Town, are located about 7 kilometres from Kalyani Nagar.
- The ICC towers and the Mahratta Chamber Of Commerce Industries & Agriculture are located at a distance of approximately 12-13 kilometres.
- RMZ Westend is approximately 13 kilometres away.
- World Trade Centre and the EON IT Park are located approximately 7-8 kilometres away from the locality.
Kalyani Nagar offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Kalyani Nagar include The Lexicon International School, Billabong High International School and Symbiosis International School. Some of the leading hospitals in Kalyani Nagar include the Columbia Asia Hospital, Shree Hospital & Diagnostic Center and Sanjeevani Nursing Home & Research Center. The shopping needs of the residents are catered to by malls in Kalyani Nagar such as the Koregaon Park Plaza, Ashoka Mall and Pulse Mall.
Price trends in Kalyani Nagar
- Price appreciation- Around 15% in the last one year.
- Current property rates- Rs 7,150 – Rs 11,767 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kalyani Nagar
Considering the price trends in Kalyani Nagar and the rising demand, the locality would prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates with a number of projects being developed here. Moreover, the area is one of the IT/ITES hub and industrial zones of Pune. Kalyani Nagar is developing at a fast pace and the government is planning to develop it further, so the scope of development of infrastructure facilities is also there. Considering all these factors, Kalyani Nagar is an excellent place for investment.