Table of Contents
Kanjurmarg, one of the oldest neighbourhoods and major developing areas of the city, is located in the east-central part of Mumbai. The area acts as the access point to several important institutions of Mumbai such as the IIT, Hiranandani Gardens, NITIE and KV Powai. Earlier, the area was a village and was known by the name of Kanjur. It was also home to industries such as the Crompton-Greaves. Today, the area is counted among the business districts of Mumbai. Nearby Kanjurmarg localities include Bhandup, Powai, Gandhi Nagar, Chandan Nagar, etc.
Being one of the oldest parts of the city, it is a premier residential area as far as Kanjurmarg real estate is concerned. The suburb is connected well with major landmarks of Mumbai. As a result, there has always been a high demand for residential apartments in Kanjurmarg, being one of the noted suburbs in Mumbai.
There are a number of noted projects which have come up in the area like Lodha Aurum Grande, Lodha Celestia, Mahindra Lifespaces The Great Eastern Gardens, etc. Builders in Kanjurmarg include famed developers like the Mahindra Lifespaces Group, Lodha Group, Runwal Group, etc., who are working on some of the major projects in Kanjurmarg.
Connectivity with nearby Kanjurmarg localities
- Western Express Highway, Eastern Express Highway, LBS Marg and Jogeshwari- Vikroli Link Road are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Mulund Bus Stand and Ghatkopar Bus Stand lie in close vicinity.
- The area has its own suburban railway station. Apart from that, there are railway stations at Bhandup, Vikroli and Ghatkopar. The Bhandup railway station is approximately 2 kilometres away from Kanjurmarg.
- The international airport is about 40 minutes away from the area.
Employment hubs near Kanjurmarg
- The Godrej IT Park, Supreme Business Park and Raheja Plaza are located at an approximate distance of 5-6 kilometres from the area.
- The Samruddhi Venture Park and Nilkanth Tech Park Pvt Ltd are approximately 9 kilometres away from the area.
Kanjurmarg offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Kanjurmarg include the Dr Datta Samant Madhyamik Vidyalaya, Kanjur English Medium School, St Xavier’s High School and College, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Kanjurmarg include the Hiranandani Hospital, Navnirman Maternity and Surgical Hospital, Ghatkopar Hindu Sabha Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Kanjurmarg such as the Neptune Magnet Mall, Nirmal Lifestyle Mulund, Dreams the Mall Bhandup, etc.
Price trends in Kanjurmarg
- Price appreciation—Around 16% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 11,135-Rs 17,399 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kanjurmarg
Kanjurmarg possesses many gated communities and luxury apartments. It offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are major reasons for its rapid growth. Thus, there is no denying that Kanjurmarg is certainly one of the best places to live in Mumbai. Further, considering the price trends in Kanjurmarg and the rising demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment region in future. There will be excellent appreciation of property rates in the area and with a number of projects which are being developed, the area will only grow further.
Check properties in Kanjurmarg