Table of Contents
Kharadi is a premier residential area located in the eastern suburbs of Pune. It is also one of the oldest localities of Pune. Kharadi is one of the major commercial zones of Pune and has one SEZ – EON IT Park. Many IT companies like Zensar, Mphasis, Wipro and Eaton have their offices in this area. The locality has also got a number of tourist spots. Nearby Kharadi localities include many famous areas of the city of Pune such as Lohegaon, Wagholi, Chandan Nagar and Mundhwa. The varieties of projects available in this area are many and range from affordable to luxurious. There are a lot of reputed builders like The Kolte-Patil Developers, Goel Ganga Group and Mantri Developers, who are working on their different projects in Kharadi. Some of the premier projects in Kharadi include Kumar Periwinkle, Kolte-Patil Signature Meadows and Marvel Vantage.
Due to the advent of various IT majors and other multi-national companies (MNCs), the city of Pune has been witnessing a rapid growth in influx of working population from outside the city. As a result of this, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Kharadi, being one of the noted suburbs of Pune. Although the prices of the flats in Kharadi are going up at a rapid pace, affordable housing to suit the needs of the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies can still be found here.
The civic amenities have also improved. The industrial growth and growth of the IT sector have also led to the development of the retail and hospitality sectors in the area.
Connectivity with nearby Kharadi localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area namely the Nagar Road, Mundhwa Road, Kharadi Bypass, Fountain Road and Grant Road.
- The area has extensive bus services and the Kharadi Bus Stand and Pune Swargate Bus Depot lie in close vicinity.
- The Pune Junction railway station is approximately about 6 kilometres away from Kharadi. There are railway stations at Khadki and Shivaji Nagar from where the railway services can be availed.
- It takes about 20 minutes from Kharadi to reach the airport in Pune.
See also: Property rates & trends in Kharadi, Pune
Employment hubs near Kharadi
- World Trade Centre, Cerebrum IT Park and The EON IT Park are located within Kharadi itself.
- The ICC towers and the Mahratta Chamber Of Commerce Industries & Agriculture are located at a distance of approximately 10 kilometres.
- RMZ Westend is approximately 17 kilometres
- Phursungi IT Park, Magarpatta City and the Amanora Park Town are located approximately 5-6 kilometres from the locality.
Kharadi offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Kharadi include The Symbiosis International School, Victorious International School and Jyotirmay International School. Some of the leading hospitals in Kharadi include the Columbia Asia Hospital, Shree Hospital and Sanjeevani Nursing Home. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Kharadi such as the Phoenix Market City, Seasons Mall and Amanora Town Centre.
Price trends in Kharadi
- Price appreciation- Around 20% in the last one year.
- Current property rates- Rs 5,330 –Rs 7,454 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kharadi
Considering the price trends in Kharadi and the rising demand, the locality would prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates with a number of projects being developed here. Moreover, the area is one of the IT/ITeS hub and industrial zones of Pune. Kharadi is already an upmarket locality in Pune and the government is planning to develop it further. So, the scope of development of infrastructure facilities is also there. Considering all these factors, Kharadi is an excellent place for investment.
Check properties in Kharadi