Kharghar is one of the 14 nodes being developed by CIDCO. It is being developed as a polycentric new town with proper transport facilities. It is estimated that this locality can accommodate around 50,000 people.
Over the years, the real estate of Kharghar has shown good growth. The locality is primarily a residential area with good social infrastructure. At present, Kharghar possess many ready and under-construction projects in the residential, as well as commercial categories. Several renowned real estate builders in Kharghar like Swaraj Group, Arihant Group, Shah Group, Bhosale Group, Paradise Group, DP Constructions, etc., have constructed apartments, flats and independent houses here. Flats in Kharghar are in high demand because of the facilities that they offer. Apartments in Kharghar too are well-furnished with latest designs which are attracting new buyers. At present, most of the builders in the area are offering 2 and 3-BHK apartments.
Overall, Kharghar is one of most well-planned nodes of Navi Mumbai. It has a total of 45 sectors. Navade, Kalambole, Panvel, Lonavala, etc., are the nearby Kharghar localities.
Connectivity with nearby Kharghar localities
- The Kharghar Railway Station connects the region with different places. Kharghar is the fourth stop from Panvel on the Harbour Line of the Mumbai suburban railway It takes around 65 minutes to reach Kharghar by train from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
- The Sion-Panvel Highway is the biggest and the most important connecting point of Kharghar.
- The six-lane Mumbai-Pune Expressway begins at Kalamboli which is only 4 kilometres from Kharghar.
- Kharghar is only one hour’s drive away from central Mumbai.
- Kharghar is easily accessible from other cities like Pune, Nashik and Thane.
- Buses are available too in Kharghar to reach Dadar, Thane, Vashi, Sion, etc.
- The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is 38 kilometres away from Kharghar.
Schools in Kharghar and other social amenities
The social infrastructure is well-developed in this area. Kharghar offers a wide range of social amenities like schools, colleges, hospitals, restaurants, shopping malls, etc., to its residents. The reputed National Institute of Fashion Technology is located in this area. Schools and colleges in Kharghar include Apeejay School, DAV International School, Balbharati Public School, Convent of Jesus and Mary School and College, Institute for Technology and Management, etc. There are various well-equipped hospitals in Kharghar like Geo Medcare Satyam Multispeciality Hospital, Utsav Eye Clinic, Tata Memorial Hospital, etc. There are several banks and ATMs in Kharghar too like SBI ATM, ICICI Bank ATM, etc. There are amusement parks in Khargar as well like CIDCO Park, Central Park etc.
Employment hubs near Kharghar
- The major companies in this area are Vapco Engineers Pvt Ltd, Divide by Zero Technologies, Jaypee Cement, etc.
- Reliance Corporate Park is 18 kilometres away from Kharghar.
- Thane which is an IT and ITeS hub is 11 kilometres away from Kharghar.
- Vikhroli which is a fast growing commercial hub is 15 kilometres away.
- Panvel, another fast growing business hub is 5 kilometres away only.
Price trends in Kharghar
This locality is one of the most developed areas of Mumbai. Due to its good connectivity and a strong social infrastructure, there is high demand for residential homes in this area. As per October-December 2016, price trends in Kharghar show that the highest rate for multi-storey buildings in the region is Rs 10,056 per sq yard, the average rate is Rs 8,272 per sq yard and the lowest rate is Rs 6,488 per sq yard. The highest rate for builder floor apartments is Rs 8,670 per sq yard, the average rate is Rs 7,180 per sq yard and the lowest rate is Rs 5,690 per sq yard. The highest rate for residential houses is Rs 9,270 per sq yard, the average rate is Rs 7,701 per sq yard and the lowest rate is Rs 6,131 per sq yard.
Reasons to invest in Kharghar
The locality of Kharghar is well-developed and the real estate sector is blooming here. It is mainly a residential area and has a good social infrastructure. The residential growth of the area has led to the rise of the commercial and industrial sectors, as well. Today, the area is home to many well-reputed schools and colleges. Thus, the property prices in the area are increasing day by day and after the International Airport at Navi Mumbai is constructed, the prices in this area will increase further. What more? The proposed metro rail project is also attracting investors to Kharghar. In spite of all the merits, there are few issues with this area. Frequent power cuts have dismayed its residents along with the water problem. However, these issues would be resolved in the longer run. Thus, investing in Kharghar can prove to be fruitful in the longer run.
Check properties in Kharghar