Table of Contents
KK Nagar, developed during the 1970s-80s, is located in the southern part of Chennai. The area is very well-planned and is laid into different sectors and streets. The locality is basically rectangular, with criss-crossing roads. There are 12 rectangular blocks, which are called the sectors and each sector has 6-7 streets and a park in the middle.
As far as KK Nagar real estate is concerned, the locality has premier residential complexes. Due to the advent of various IT majors and other multinational corporations, Chennai has been witnessing a rapid influx of working population from outside. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in KK Nagar, being one of the noted localities of Chennai.
Nearby KK Nagar localities include Kodambakkam, Ashok Nagar, T Nagar, Vadapalani, etc. Many real estate projects are being developed by prominent builders in KK Nagar like Siddharth Housing, Navin Housing, Ramaniyam Group, etc. A few of the noted projects in KK Nagar include Siddharth Housing Tulsi, TVH Eden, Ramaniyam Kamdhenu Colony, Navin Housing Krishna Gokulam, etc.
Connectivity with nearby KK Nagar localities
- Poonamalle High Road, Dr Shivaji Ganesan Road, Sardar Patel Road and Anna Salai Mount Road, are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The locality is located at a distance of approximately 7 kilometres from Koyembedu Bus stand, one of the landmarks in Chennai.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned, Koyembedu Metro Station, International Airport Metro Station, Chennai Central Metro Station and Egmore Metro Station, lie in close vicinity.
- The Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore railway stations are also located very close, i.e., approximately 9-10 and 7-8 kilometres (respectively) away from the area. The railway station nearest to KK Nagar is Mambalam, which is one of the largest in the city.
- The international airport is at a distance of approximately 10 kilometres from the locality.
Employment hubs near KK Nagar
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located very close to the locality and is approximately 7 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure- Chennai One, are also located approximately at a distance of 5 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khadar Nawaz Khan Road, Madras Stock Exchange and Visharanthi Homes, are located at an approximate distance of 3-4 kilometres only from the area.
KK Nagar offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in KK Nagar include the Kendriya Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, LMD Senior Secondary School, Vadapalani Matriculation Higher Secondary School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in KK Nagar include the Surya Hospital, Amma Hospital, Vijay Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in KK Nagar, such as the Maya Plaza, Forum Vijaya Mall, Matrix Mall, etc.
Price trends in KK Nagar
- Price appreciation—Around 36% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 6,322-Rs 10,937 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in KK Nagar
With a cosmopolitan population, KK Nagar has a variety of residential projects. It offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the major reasons for its rapid growth. Thus, there is no denying that KK Nagar is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai. Further, considering the price trends in KK Nagar and the rising demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment region in future. There will be excellent appreciation of property rates in the area and with a number of projects which are being developed, the area will only grow further.
Check Properties in KK Nagar