Table of Contents
Kothrud is a premier residential area located in the western suburbs of Pune, which is also one of the oldest localities of Pune.
During the time of the Peshwas, the area was known as Kothrud Baag. Peshwa Bajirao’s wife Mastani used to stay in Kothrud. The first flyover of Pune – the Svatantryaveer Savarkar Flyover was also built here. Nearby Kothrud localities include many famous areas of the city of Pune such as Bavdhan, Dhayari, Pirangut and Narhe. The varieties of the projects available in the area are many and they range from affordable to luxurious.
There are a lot of reputed builders like the Raviraj, Kundan Spaces and Sobha who are working on their different projects in Kothrud. Some of the premier projects in Kothrud include Raviraj Green Clouds, Kundan Spaces Grand Stand and Amrut Runwal Meadows.
Due to the advent of various IT majors and other multi-national companies (MNCs), the city of Pune has been witnessing a rapid growth in influx of working population from outside the city. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Kothrud, with it being one of the noted suburbs of Pune. Though the prices of the flats in Kothrud are going up at a rapid pace, affordable housing to suit the needs of the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies can still be found here.
Kothrud has some of the premier educational institutes of Pune. As a result there is a considerable influx of students from outside as well. The civic amenities have also improved. The industrial growth and the growth of the IT sector have led to the development of retail and hospitality sectors in the area.
Connectivity with nearby Kothrud localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area, namely, the Satara Road, the Mumbai-Bengaluru Highway, the Paud Road and the Karve Road.
- The area has an extensive bus services and the Kothrud Bus Stand and the Kothrud Bus Depot lie in close vicinity.
- There is a railway station at Shivaji Nagar from where the railway services can be availed. The railway station is approximately about 7 kilometres away from Kothrud.
- It takes about half an hour from Kothrud to reach the airport in Pune.
Employment hubs near Kothrud
- Sharda Centre is located within the locality of Kothrud itself.
- The ICC Towers and the Mahratta Chamber Of Commerce Industries & Agriculture are located at a distance of approximately 2 kilometres.
- RMZ Westend is approximately 6 kilometres
- Nanospace IT Park is located approximately 9 kilometres away from the locality.
Kothrud offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Kothrud include the MES Bal Shikshan Mandir English Medium School, P Jog High School, and Raja Shree Shivraya Pratishthan New India School. Some of the leading hospitals in Kothrud include the Shashwat Hospital, Patel Hospital and Deoyani Super Specialty Hospital. The shopping needs of the residents are catered to by malls in Kothrud such as the Megamart, Big Bazaar and Croma.
Price trends in Kothrud
- Price appreciation- Around 20% in the last one year.
- Current property rates- Rs 7,452 – Rs 11,822 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Kothrud
Considering the price trends in Kothrud and the rising demand, the locality would prove to be a good place for investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates with a number of projects being developed. Moreover, the area is also located at a very close proximity to the IT/ITeS hubs and industrial zones of Pune. Kothrud is already an upmarket locality in Pune and the government is planning to develop it further. So, the scope of development of infrastructure facilities is also there. Considering all these factors, Kothrud is an excellent place for investment.
Check properties in Kothrud