E-Sampada Mumbai: How to apply for government quarters in Mumbai?

Here is how to apply for a government accommodation in Mumbai, through E-Sampada portal

Central government employees based in Mumbai are eligible to apply for government accommodation under the General Pool Residential Accommodation (GPRA) through the E-Sampada or E-Awas portal. These residences are maintained by the Central Public Works Department and the Directorate of Estates. The allotment is done through Automated System of Allotment (ASA). Officers based in Mumbai can apply for GPRA Mumbai homes through the newly launched E-Sampada system.

See also: GPRA: All you need to know about the E-Sampada system


How to get login ID for your GPRA Application

Step 1: Visit GPRA official website (click here) and scroll down to find the ‘e-Awas’ option.


E-Awas Mumbai: How to apply for government quarters in Mumbai?


Step 2: Click on e-Awas and fill up the form to request login credentials on your email-ID and mobile number.


You can directly email the directorate to request for login credentials, on eawas-estates@nic.in


How to apply for government quarters in Mumbai?

The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development recently launched the E-Sampada portal, for allotting government accommodations across India. Interested ventral government employees can follow this procedure to apply for a home using E-Sampada.

Step 1: Visit the e-Sampada portal and click on ‘Government Residential Accommodation’.

Step 2: Login through your registered mobile number or official E-mail ID.

Step 3: Once you are logged in, you will be able to fill the DE-II form and follow the procedure as mentioned.

Applicants can also apply for a government quarter using ASA Portal by following below procedure:

Step 1: Visit Mumbai ASA Portal and login with the ID and password generated above. You can also request for login credentials by clicking ‘Register Now’.

Step 2: Now login to your account and click ‘DE-II Form’. Fill this form and submit it online.

Step 3: Your form will be verified online by the administrative officer, which will then be sent to the Directorate of Estates.

Step 4: You will be put on the waiting list and then your account will be enabled, to fill preferences for allotment of houses during the monthly bidding period.

Note: Applications received up to the last day of the month will be included in the list of the subsequent month.

See also: GPRA Delhi: How to apply through E-Awas


How to make preferences (bidding) for allotment of houses through ASA

Step 1: Once you are in the waiting list, you can fill in your preferences. For this, login to your account on the E-Awas portal as mentioned above.

Step 2: Click ‘Allotment’ and then ‘Allotment Preference’. Select the type and pool.

Step 3: Click the relevant option and proceed with your choice. The list of localities where houses are available, will be displayed.

Step 4: Select the localities of your choice then the particular house and then the allotment preference from 1-20 to chosen houses (1 is the most preferred, 20 is the least preferred).

Step 5: Submit these preferences.

Applicants can modify their preferences for the houses as many times as necessary within the bidding period and the allotment shall be made to the applicants who have exercised preferences till 5PM on the last day of bidding date. For all types of accommodation, online bidding can be done between the fifth and 14th of the month, while the allotment will be done on the 15th of the month.

See also: What is the cost of living in Mumbai?


Is it mandatory to accept the allotted government quarters?

The applicants will have to accept the house allotted to them. In the event of non-acceptance, the applicant will be debarred from further allotment for a period of three months. However, an applicant can apply for a change in accommodation once, if the allotment that happened for the first time is not of his choice. In case of non-acceptance of change of allotment, the allottee will not be eligible for another change.

See also: E-Awas Chandigarh: All you need to know


How to apply for the change of accommodation?

The application for change of accommodation is entertained in the same type of accommodation only. Also, for all applicants, only one change is permissible in a particular type of accommodation. To apply for the change, follow this procedure:

Step 1: Login to your account on E-Awas portal and click ‘Application’ and select the relevant form. Fill and submit it.

Step 2: Submit the hard copy of the application which has to be duly forwarded by his/her office to the concerned regional offices in Mumbai.

Step 3: The ASA is updated every month and the applicant will be able to give preferences for areas ‘Online’, during the bidding period for a particular type of accommodation, subject to availability.

Check out properties for sale in Mumbai



What is the procedure to apply for government quarters in Mumbai?

You need to follow the procedure mentioned in this article step-by-step to apply for a home.

Can I apply for change accommodation more than once?

No, an applicant can apply for a change of accommodation only once.

Who can apply for accommodation under the general pool?

Only central government employees can apply for government quarters under the general pool.


Was this article useful?
  • 😃 (2)
  • 😐 (1)
  • 😔 (0)



Comments 0