Table of Contents
Porur is a premier residential area located in the western suburbs of Chennai. Nearby Porur localities include many famous areas of the city such as Guindy, Avadi, K K Nagar, Ambattur, etc. A variety of projects are available in the area and range from affordable to luxurious. There are a lot of reputed builders like the Arihant Group, Royal Splendour and Sobha Group who are working on their different projects in Porur. Some of the premier projects in Porur include Arihant Housing Amara, Royal Splendour Advaya, Sobha Serene, etc.
Due to the advent of various IT majors and other multinational corporations, Chennai has been witnessing a rapid influx of working population from outside. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Porur, being one of the noted suburbs of Chennai. Although prices of the flats in Porur are going up at a rapid pace, still, affordable housing to suit the needs of the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies, can be found here.
Porur has been recently brought under the purview of the City Corporation of Chennai and the plans for a number of infrastructure projects have been drawn up. The civic amenities have also improved here. The industrial and IT sector growth have led to the development of retail and hospitality sector as well.
Connectivity with nearby Porur localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area i.e., the Avadi-Porur Road, Chennai Bangalore Highway, Chennai Bypass, Expressway, Trunk Road and Outer Ring Road.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Avadi Bus Stand, Koyembedu Bus Stand and K K Nagar Bus Stand and CMBT lie in close vicinity.
- There are railway stations at Avadi and Guindy and both the railway stations are proximately 14 and 8 kilometres (respectively) from Porur.
- The Guindy metro station and the Koyembedu metro station is also nearby Porur.
Employment hubs near Porur
- One Indiabulls Park, Ambattur Clothing Co and Ambit IT Park are approximately 8 kilometres away.
- DLF-IT Park SEZ, Ambattur Industrial Estate and Prince Info IT Park are located approximately 8-9 kilometres from the area.
- AR Foundations-Acropolis is approximately 16 kilometres away.
Porur offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Porur include the St Joseph’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Kalashetra Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Sarojini Varadappan Girls Higher Secondary School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Porur include the Sri Ramachandra College and Medical Institute, Madras Medical Mission Hospital, Sundaram Medical Foundation, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Porur such as the Chandra Metro Mall, Forum Vijaya Mall, Ampa Skywalk Mall, etc.
Price trends in Porur
- Price appreciation—Around 28% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 4,859—Rs 7,397 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Porur
Considering the price trends in Porur and the rising demand, the locality is touted to become a good investment region in future. There are chances of good appreciation of property rates with a number of projects being developed here. Moreover, the area is located very close to the industrial zone of Chennai and IT/ITeS hub, thus, the demand for property here will only move northward. What more? The Chennai City Corporation has recently taken over the administration of the area, so the scope of development of infrastructure facilities is also good here. Considering all these factors, Porur can be an excellent place for investment.
Check properties in Porur