A large number of space energy readers/healers maintain that your home’s décor holds immense potential, to influence key areas of your life. The tenth house of the zodiac (Capricorn) relates to your career. It is also about how you participate in life and uphold your position in society. Aspirations, power, fame and public image, come into this house. Issues and concerns related to this realm are said to be resolved by healing the disturbance in the energy field in this space.
Indications of energy imbalance in a house
An affirmative response to any of the following questions, could indicate a need for space healing in the area of careers (The list of questions is representational and not exhaustive):
- Do you feel that your professional life is unfulfilling at some/many levels?
- Do you have the urge to make a dramatic career change?
- Do you yearn to give up or take a break from your job?
- Do you abuse your authority at the workplace?
- Have you been turned down for promotion?
- Are your extra efforts at work going unappreciated?
- Does your normal workload seem harder now?
- Is your boss/colleague being unsupportive or ignoring your suggestions?
Impact of the Capricorn sign on the house of career
The north of your home, or of each room, relates to the house of career in your astrological chart. Water is its ruling element. The flow of energy in the north of your house impacts your career, aspirations and public image. Hence, it is crucial that you be aware of and alert to what you store in and how you decorate this zone. For example, a pile of clutter in this space is highly likely to slow down your professional success.
Décor elements for healing vibrations
The imagery you have at home, is one of the most potent and powerful décor tools, to manipulate the energy of a space. If a positive image can heal energy imbalance and invite positive vibrations, then, the opposite is very likely, as well, with negative images. Always opt for imagery, such as pictures, paintings, sculptures or arrangements of objects that evoke positive thoughts and feelings in you. Some suggested images or symbols to invite positive vibrations, for your house of career are:
Tools of the trade: These represent the medium through which you can manifest your ideas and dreams. It symbolises that you have done your apprenticeship and deserve success through genuine work.
Mountains: It denotes aspirations. There may be peaks and troughs involving challenges but the possibilities are infinite and the sky’s the limit.
Crown: It is a symbol of power and authority, combined with wisdom and honor. It is a subconscious reminder that a noble status is a reward for those with high ideals, dedication and a sense of responsibility for others.
The ladder: Makes you aware of each step. If you skip one, you may have to go back and take that step again.
The target: It symbolises focus and aim. It reminds you that your arrow of ambition can hit the bullseye.
The zodiac sign of Capricorn and planet Saturn: It urges you to be industrious and ambitious and to attain power and use it wisely for the good of humanity.
DIY tips, to heal or strengthen the area of career in your house
- Hang up a metal wind chime with hollow tubes, in the career area of your room, to energise the space.
- Yang energy in this area is believed to be very beneficial. You can boost the same, by setting up an aquarium, or any other water feature in this space.
- Display some blue or black accessories in the north of your home, or of each room.
- Place a symbolic figurine that projects your positive image to the world or a professional photograph of yourself.
- A laptop or a computer too can be positioned here, for favourable vibrations.
- Business cards and cell phones can be left here.
- Aesthetically display black stones, such as onyx, tourmaline or obsidian, in your work area. The black gemstones contain subtle energies that can help solidify your financial situation and provide greater security.
- Arrange quartz crystals on your computer. These crystals enhance whatever they contact. Hence, its display may augment your business prospects.
Believe it or not
Tejal Jinen, a working woman from Mumbai’s Borivali, recalls how her friend was stuck in her career. “My mother-in-law offers space healing tips and suggestions. She visited my friend’s house and asked her to clear the junk from her career area. She accessorised the space with a few appropriate décor elements. Then, she advised her to purify the area, by smudging it with incense sticks and asked her to chant a few positive affirmations while doing so. Although my friend did not believe in it, she went along with the suggestions. Within a week, she experienced a shift in the energy of the space. A fortnight later, things at her workplace had taken an amazing turn for the better,” says Jinen.