Table of Contents
A large number of space energy readers/healers maintain that your home’s décor holds immense potential, to influence key areas of your life. The sixth house of the zodiac (Virgo) relates to your innate need to be filled with a purpose. It covers all aspects of health, not just physical but also emotional, spiritual and mental well-being. Issues and concerns related to this realm are said to be resolved by healing the disturbance in the energy field in this space.
Indications of energy imbalance
An affirmative response to any of the following questions, could indicate a need for space healing in the area of health and purpose (The list of questions is representational and not exhaustive):
- Has your life recently become disruptive, with constant arguments and misunderstandings?
- Does it seem like there has hardly been a break from illness at home, with someone or the other always falling sick?
- Are you someone who likes new types of workout, but do not have the energy to do so, of late?
- Do you feel that your children are acting up and not responding to discipline?
- Have family mealtimes fallen apart, with each member opting for a different time and/or space?
- Do you often feel you lack purpose in life?
- Do you feel there are some deep seated fears holding you back in some way?
- Are you are unable to find what is inhibiting you from having a full and vital lifestyle?
Impact of the Virgo sign on your house
The east of your home or of each room, is your area of purpose and health. Vibrations emanating from this direction, are said to have a crucial bearing upon daily levels of stress in your life, as well as your ability to achieve balance, well-being and bodily harmony.
Ideal accessories for the east of your house:
- A healthy flowering plant
- Fresh fruits
- Blue-coloured home/room ornaments
- A recent and happy family picture
- A crystal amethyst
Décor elements for healing vibrations
The imagery you have at home, is one of the most potent and powerful décor tools, to manipulate the energy of a space. If a positive image can heal energy imbalance and invite positive vibrations, then, the opposite is very likely, as well, with negative images. Always opt for imagery, such as pictures, paintings, sculptures or arrangements of objects that evoke positive thoughts and feelings in you. Some suggested images or symbols to invite positive vibrations, vis-à-vis health and purpose, into your home are:
The symbol/sign of Virgo and planet Mercury: The vibrations of this image, it is believed, remind us of the need to consider issues of health and how to maintain a balance in life.
Caduceus: It is an ancient and universal symbol of healing. It represents the balance of mind and body.
Well: The well is the source of life-giving water and denotes an element that refreshes and cleanses.
The runner: It is a silent reminder that well-being can be attained through physical activities. The vibrations motivate one to move the body, to still the mind.
Yin and Yang: This ancient eastern symbol is widely believed to emanate energies that unite opposites, balance and harmonise.
DIY tips, to heal or strengthen the area of health and purpose in your house
- Move your bed, if it shares the same wall as a toilet, even if the bed and toilet are on opposite sides of the wall. It is said that your vital energy may disappear down the drain while you sleep. Shift your bed to another place.
- Use green or blue bedsheets. The vibrations of these colours have a calming effect and aid better sleep.
- Several spiritual practices use incense with the belief that it can send prayers to deities and the almighty. Burn the incense in the center of your home, as this region is associated with health and let its smoke carry your prayers for well-being towards the heavens.
- Place a light in the center of your house. Positive healing energy is drawn towards light. So, this is believed to be a powerful energy cure, to heal and increase vitality.
Believe it or not
Anecdotal evidence abounds that by using appropriate décor elements at home, one can heal or empower the vibrations of health and purpose in the house. Hema Kurlawala, of Andheri in Mumbai, who believes in Tarot card readings, Feng Shui and Vastu Shastra recounts: “There was a time, when I was suffering from quite a few issues and problems. I consulted a Feng Shui practitioner. She explained to me how the slow, dull vibrations coming from the east can cause dissatisfaction and the upset feeling that I was going through, for seemingly no reason. It can adversely affect how one approaches life and can even deplete the immune system. I cleared and cleansed the areas, as recommended and added the home accessories that healed and empowered the energy in this space. It all worked well for me.”