Table of Contents
T Nagar, developed during the 1920s-30s, is located in the southern part of Chennai and is very well-planned. Although, it is one of the residential areas, it is also considered as the shopping hub of the city. The locality is well-known for saris and gold jewellery.
As far as T Nagar real estate is concerned, the locality has premier residential complexes. Due to the advent of various IT majors and other multi-national corporations, Chennai has been witnessing a rapid influx of working population from outside. As a result, there has been a surge in demand for residential apartments in T Nagar, being one of the noted localities of Chennai.
Nearby T Nagar localities include Kodambakkam, Ashok Nagar, T Nagar, Vadapalani, etc. Many real estate projects are being developed by prominent builders in T Nagar like Siddharth Housing, Navin Housing, Ramaniyam Group, etc. A few of the noted projects in T Nagar include Siddharth Housing Tulsi, TVH Eden, Ramaniyam Kamdhenu Colony, Navin Housing Krishna Gokulam, etc.
Connectivity with nearby T Nagar localities
- Poonamalle High Road, Dr Shivaji Ganesan Road, Sardar Patel Road and Anna Salai Mount Road are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The locality is located at a distance of approximately 10 kilometres from Koyembedu Bus stand.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned, the Koyembedu Metro Station, International Airport Metro Station, Chennai Central and Egmore Metro Stations lie in close vicinity.
- The Chennai Central and the Chennai Egmore railway stations are approximately 9-10 and 7-8 kilometres (respectively) from the area. The railway station nearest to T Nagar is Mambalam which is one of the largest in the city.
- The international airport is at a distance of approximately 10 kilometres from the locality.
Employment hubs near T Nagar
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located very close to the locality and is approximately 3 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure- Chennai One are located at a distance of 5-6 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khadar Nawaz Khan Road and Visharanthi Homes are located at an approximate distance of 3-4 kilometres only from the area.
T Nagar offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in T Nagar include the Kendriya Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, LMD Senior Secondary School, Vadapalani Matriculation Higher Secondary School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in T Nagar include the Surya Hospital, Amma Hospital, Vijay Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in T Nagar such as the Maya Plaza, Forum Vijaya Mall, Matrix Mall, etc.
Price trends in T Nagar
- Price appreciation—Around 36% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 8,973-Rs 1,6815 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in T Nagar
Having a cosmopolitan population, T Nagar has a variety of residential projects to suit the varied needs. It offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are the major reasons for its rapid growth. Thus, there is no denying that T Nagar is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai. Further, considering the price trends in T Nagar and the rising demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment region in future. There will be excellent appreciation of property rates in the area and with a number of projects which are being developed, the area will only grow further.
Check properties in T Nagar