Table of Contents
Tambaram is one of the oldest neighborhoods located in the southern part of Chennai. Earlier, the area was a village and during the British rule, it was a camp for the British East India Company. Later, it was included into the main city of Madras. Today, Tambaram is known as the gateway to the southern part of the city. Nearby Tambaram localities include Pallavaram, Chromepet, Chitlapakkam, Thiruneermalai, etc.
Being one of the oldest parts of the city, it is a premier residential area as far as Tambaram real estate is concerned. Beautifully planned and landscaped, the area has well-developed social amenities and is home to a cosmopolitan population. The Madras Christian College is located in the area. The locality also houses the Madras Export Processing Zone which earns foreign exchange for the country. Due to the advent of various IT majors and other multinational corporations, Chennai has been witnessing a rapid influx of working population from outside. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Tambaram, being one of the noted suburbs of Chennai.
There are a number of noted projects which have come up in the area like Royal Splendour Akarshana, VGN Milano Square, Marutham Group Heritage, etc. Builders in Tambaram include famed developers like the Marutham Group, Mantri Group, Shriwin Constructions and Steps Stone Group who are working on some of the major projects in Tambaram.
Connectivity with nearby Tambaram localities
- Chennai Bypass Expressway, Kundrathur Road, Grand Southern Trunk Road and Outer Ring Road, are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- Tambaram has its own bus stand.
- The area has its own suburban railway station. Apart from that, there is a railway station at Chromepet which is approximately 4 kilometres away from Tambaram.
- The International Airport metro station, St Thomas Mount metro station and the Alandur Metro Station is also close to Tambaram.
- The international airport is about 9 kilometres away from the area.
Employment hubs near Tambaram
- The Olympia Tech Park, TEK Meadows and MPL Silicom Towers are located approximately 15 kilometres away from the area.
- The Chennai Trade Centre, SIDCO Industrial Estate and TECCI Park are also approximately 16 kilometres away only.
Tambaram offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Tambaram include the Loyola Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Lalaji Memorial Omega International School, Chellammal Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Tambaram include the Chennai Krishna Hospital, BM Hospital, Hindu Mission Health Services, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Tambaram such as the Gold Souk Grande Mall, Phoenix Market City, Matrix Mall, etc.
Price trends in Tambaram
- Price appreciation—Around 27% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 3,351-Rs 5,132 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Tambaram
Tambaram possesses many gated communities and luxury apartments. It offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are major reasons for its rapid growth. Thus, there is no denying that Tambaram is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai. Further, considering the price trends in Tambaram and the rising demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment region in future. There will be excellent appreciation of property rates in the area and with a number of projects which are being developed, the area will only grow further.
Check properties in Tambaram