Thane is a sought-after destination in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). The city’s prolific growth, can be attributed to its good social infrastructure, connectivity and blessed natural environment. Thane, known as the city of lakes, has residential options that cater to every kind of buyer – right from townships and luxury housing, to affordable budget homes, as well as commercial developments. Several residential projects in Thane now boast of high-end lifestyle amenities, such as swimming pools, gyms and landscaped gardens. Influx of retail and commercial establishments, as well as a cosmopolitan crowd, have dramatically changed the appeal of this central suburb.
Thane is home to various renowned hospitals and several educational institutes and colleges. In terms of social infrastructure, Thane offers several avenues for fun and entertainment. Various high-end shopping malls, hotels and restaurants, add to the lifestyle quotient of Thane.
Social infrastructure and lifestyle amenities:
- 6 hyper malls.
- Largest multiplex in the MMR.
- 3 large water and amusement parks.
- 2 botanical gardens.
- Malls like Korum and Viviana, have redefined the shopping and dining experience for consumers in Thane.
- Top brands like Lifestyle, Shoppers Stop, Hypercity, Home Centre, Marks and Spencer, Zara, Pantaloons and Reliance Trends, have their anchor stores in these malls.
- Restaurants and dining options include Tata Starbucks, Yoko Sizzlers, KFC, McDonald’s, Sbarro, Subway, Mainland China, Pizza Express, etc.
Thane is not only attracting the upper middle-class home buyers but also high-end customers owing to the wide range of options – from a house nestled in Yeoor or an office complex in Ghodbunder Road. With a green ecosystem that is low in air, water and noise pollution, scenic views, excellent connectivity and social infrastructure, Thane has become a preferred residential destination. Varied residential options, a cosmopolitan crowd and lifestyle options, have truly transformed the social infrastructure of Thane.