Table of Contents
There are a number of animal figurines that are considered lucky, according to Feng Shui, such as the green dragon, red phoenix, white tiger and black tortoise. The black tortoise, in Chinese mythology, is considered as a spiritual creature which signifies longevity. It also helps in focusing the positive energy in the house.
To help you understand the benefits and right placement of tortoise figurines at home, here is a guide, for you to make the most of this Feng Shui element.
See also: How to use elephant figurines for good luck
Where to keep tortoise at home for positive energy?
- Tortoise figures can be placed in the backyard, for stabilising the positive energy at home.
- Tortoise can also be placed at the entrance, to protect your home from negative energies.
- Placing the tortoise figurine close to an artificial waterfall or fish tank is considered very lucky for the household.
- Place the tortoise in your ‘Tien Yi’ direction, as it can help you in fighting illness. To determine your Tien Yi direction, you need to know your Kua number which can be calculated by adding the digits of your year of birth, till you get a single digit. Now, females should add four to this number while males should subtract 11 from this number, to get the Kua number.
- If you place the tortoise near the bed, it will help you in dealing with anxiety and insomnia. You can keep it beside your child’s bed, if he/she is afraid of sleeping alone.
- Do not place the tortoise in the bathroom or kitchen.
- Keeping the tortoise in the east, the north or the north-west, is considered good for home and career.
Also read our article on tips for Vastu for business
Where to keep tortoise at home for wish-fulfilment?
According to Feng Shui, tortoise can be used for wish-fulfilment, as well. However, for this, you need to buy a tortoise made of metal that can be opened. Write down a wish on a yellow paper and keep this inside the tortoise and close it. Place this tortoise on a red cloth and keep it in a place where you can see it every day. Once your wish is fulfilled, remove the paper from the metal tortoise.
Where to keep tortoise at home for career growth?
- Place a metal figurine or painting of a black tortoise in the living room or the workplace. The tortoise figurine should have a Chinese coin in its mouth, as it represents growth in income.
- To ensure career growth, position the statue in a way that it faces the main door.
- Place the black tortoise in the north, near water features such as fountains or fish tanks, for career growth.
- There are different types of tortoises available in the market, made of metal, crystal, wood and stone. A stone tortoise should be placed near the main entrance, if it faces the west direction, while a metal tortoise should be placed in the north or the north-west direction. Similarly, a crystal tortoise should be placed in the south-west or the north-west direction. An earthen or wooden tortoise can be placed in the east or south-east direction of your home.
|Type of tortoise||Placement|
|Metal tortoise||North or north-west|
|Wooden tortoise||East or south-east|
|Crystal tortoise||South-west or north-west|
Which direction should the tortoise face?
Tortoise figurines should always be placed facing the east direction.
Is it lucky to keep a tortoise at home?
Yes, depictions of tortoises are considered lucky.
Is turtle good for Feng Shui?
Yes, turtles are good, as per Feng Shui.