Table of Contents
The Varthur real estate market has seen some amazing development, mainly due to its proximity to the International Tech Park (ITPB) and also the official induction of the area into the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. With the coming up of the Export Promotion Industrial Park (EPIP) area in Whitefield and the proliferation of IT companies, demand for flats in Varthur has gone up rapidly.
Varthur is often considered to be a part of Whitefield and this has fast-tracked its progress. Varthur is also located in close proximity to the offices of several IT companies. The area has always benefited from being close to Whitefield which is one of Bengaluru’s biggest IT and employment hubs, along with the ORR commercial belt. The Varthur Main Road is a major connectivity lifeline for residents of the area. The Varthur Lake is a major landmark in the locality and spreads over 445.8 acres in all.
Investors looking for apartments in Varthur are seen to mostly prefer the 2 and 3-BHK configurations. There are many leading builders in Varthur like Puravankara, Sobha Group, Prestige, Uniworth, Sekhar and Brigade, among others. Some of the popular residential projects in Varthur include Prestige Lakeside Habitat and Sobha Gateway of Dreams, to name a few.
This locality still offers affordable and mid-range housing options to buyers. Other nearby Varthur localities include Whitefield, BTM Layout and Koramangala. Due to its closeness to major IT parks, along with access to all desirable social infrastructure, Varthur offers good future appreciation prospects.
Connectivity with nearby Varthur localities
- Well connected to the Bangalore City Railway Station, which is situated near the city centre – 8 kilometres.
- Excellently connected to the rest of Bengaluru via Varthur Main Road and ORR.
- Nearest Namma Metro Station is Swamy Vivekananda Road Metro Station.
- Varthur is located 55 kilometres away from the Kempegowda International Airport via SH-35.
- BMTC bus network joins this area to other major parts of the city.
Employment hubs near Varthur
- Koramangala – 13.9 kilometres via NH-44.
- International Tech Park (ITPB) – 7.7 kilometre via SH-35.
- KIADB Industrial Area – 21.9 kilometres via Old Airport Road.
- Near ORR business corridor.
- Whitefield – 5.3 kilometres via Varthur Main Road/Old Airport Road and Whitefield Main Road.
- Sarjapur – 13.6 kilometres via SH-35.
- Electronic City – 20.1 kilometres via NH-44.
- Wipro Corporate Office – 20.1 kilometres via NH-44.
- Embassy Manyata Business Park – 25 kilometres via NH-44 and NH-75.
- Companies in the region – Aricent Group, Cisco Systems, Wipro Technologies and many more.
Varthur is supported by excellent social infrastructure. Reputed schools in Varthur include the Whitefield Global School, Pratham International School and CMR Institute of Technology. Leading hospitals in Varthur include the Sankara Eye Hospital and the Columbia Asia Hospital – Whitefield. Some of the most happening shopping malls in Varthur include the Garuda mall, UB City Mall, to name a few.
Upcoming physical infrastructure in Varthur
- Inclusion of Varthur Road area in the extension plan for Namma Metro, will definitely boost connectivity.
- The construction of the Peripheral Ring Road, will help to ease traffic congestion along the entire zone.
Price trends in Varthur
- Price appreciation – 2%-4% over the last quarter.
- Current property rates – Rs 3,127-5,277 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Varthur
Considering the current price trends in Varthur in tandem with its connectivity to major business and IT hubs, upcoming metro connectivity and social infrastructure, one can safely assume that appreciation of prices will take place in the future. However, some of the teething issues here include the encroachment of the Varthur Lake and also indiscriminate dumping in the same.
Check properties in Varthur