Table of Contents
Villivakkam, a locality in northern part of Chennai, is famous for its temples. The Integral Coach Factory of the Indian Railways is located nearby. Historically, the area was a village and the Maharaja was made the custodian of the village by the British. Today, the locality serves as a residential area for the working class employed in manufacturing sector of the city. Being one of the oldest and well-planned areas, it has a wide range of civic amenities and is very well-connected to other parts of the city. The area also has the tallest tower for internet communication in South India.
As far as Villivakkam real estate is concerned, the locality is gradually developing a mix of residential and commercial complexes. Nearby Villivakkam localities include Perambur, Annanagar, Kolathur, GKM Colony, etc. Many real estate projects are being developed by prominent builders in Villivakkam like Unitech, Navin Housing, etc. A few of the noted projects in Villivakkam include Royal Splendour Alankrita, Unitech Brahma, Unitech Chaitanya, etc.
Connectivity with nearby Villivakkam localities
- Paper Mills Road, Madhavaram High Road, Manali Main Road and Siruvallur Road are some of the prominent roads which run though the area.
- The locality is located at a distance of approximately 12 kilometres from Koyembedu Bus stand.
- As far as metro connectivity is concerned, the Koyembedu Metro Station, Chennai Central and Egmore Metro Station lie in close vicinity.
- The Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore railway stations are located approximately 8-9 kilometres from the area. Villivakkam also has its own railway station which is one of the largest in the city.
Employment hubs near Villivakkam
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Corporation is located very close to the locality and is approximately 14 kilometres away.
- Quanta Engineers and ETL Infrastructure- Chennai One are also located approximately at a distance of 5-6 kilometres from the locality.
- Navin WSS Towers, Khadar Nawaz Khan Road and Visharanthi Homes are located at an approximate distance of 9-10 kilometres only from the area.
Villivakkam offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Villivakkam include the Doveton Correy Boys Higher Secondary School, Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai Corporation Higher Secondary School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Villivakkam include the Amrit Hospital, Abhijay Hospital, Stanley Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Villivakkam such as the Fountain plaza, Abhirami Mega Mall, Spectrum Mall, etc.
Price trends in Villivakkam
- Price appreciation—Around 20% in the last one year.
- Current property rates—Rs 4,580-Rs 7,005 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Villivakkam
Having a great mix of residential and commercial properties, Villivakkam area offers many choices. It offers excellent connectivity and social infrastructure and these are major reasons for its rapid growth. Thus, there is no denying that Villivakkam is certainly one of the best places to live in Chennai. Further, considering the price trends in Villivakkam and the rising demand, the locality will definitely prove to be a good investment region in future. There will be excellent appreciation of property rates in the area and with a number of projects which are being developed and scope for development, the area will only grow further.