Mumbra is a residential suburb of the Thane district of Maharashtra. It is surrounded by the suburban towns of Kalwa and Divato its west and north – east respectively.
The town of Mumbra is situated on the confluence Ulhas River into Thane creek. The history of Mumbra goes back as far as 600 CE. It used to be a ship – building centre which witnessed trades with the Arabs. Ships made at Mumbra used to be the means of travelling the traded goods across seas. The town was then named “Umra” and later got renamed after the deity of Agri and Koli tribes – Mumbra Devi. Before 1975, most of Mumbra’s land used to be agriculturally occupied. It was after 1975 that the land became urbanised. Mumbra houses a total population of 0.9 million of which 80% of the residents are of Islam faith.
It is located on the western coast of India and thus Mumbra enjoys a typical coastal humid weather.
Reasons to invest in Mumbra
Mumbra has emerged to quite an affordable living place in Mumbai. AlsoMumbra provides good connectivity thus residents are readily lured to Mumbra. Although property pricings are decreasing at the moment, with increasing demand, the day is not far when property prices in Mumbraalso reach the sky. So, investing in Mumbra will prove to be both beneficial and lucrative.
Top Places in Mumbra
Connectivity with nearby Mumbra localities:
The locality is well connected to various developed areas and a number of hotels, schools, banks and hospitals via an excellent network of railways and roadways.
- Mumbra is linked to Thane – Navi Mumbai – Airoli node via the Old Mumbai Pune Highway, or the National Highway 4
- Thane Municipal Transport (TMT) and Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT) network of bus services are operational here.
- Mumbai Airport is located at a distance of 29 kilometres from Mumbra.
- The nearest railway station is the Mumbra Railway Station which is situated at a distance of 4.2 kilometres.
Employment hubs near Mumbra:
The locality is witnessing an increase in the population in the recent years owing to its proximity to various employment hubs. These include –
- MEK Industrial Complex is an industrial area located within few kilometres from Mumbra centre.
- Kausa-Sheel belt of Mumbra houses medium-sized businesses
- Mumbra Samachar
Schools in Mumbra and other social amenities:
Mumbra provides its residents with all kinds of social amenities to live a happy and peaceful life. They include various schools and hospitals.
- Symbiosis Convent High School
- Queen Mary`s High School & Junior College
- Al Nadi UL Falah English School
- Mumbra English High School
- Rosary Convent High School and Junior College and many others enjoy being the famous names of educational institutions in and around Mumbra.
Of the social amenities provided by Mumbra, the major health institution dominating the areas in and around the locality includes –
- Kalsekar Hospital
- Mumbra Municipality Hospital
- Rehmania Hospital
- Mumbra Maternity And Orthopaedics Hospital
- Eye Tech Eye Hospital
Apart from these it also provides the luxury of enjoying recreational amenities and proximity to various banks and ATMs.
Physical infrastructure in Mumbra:
- Model roads are to be built and flyovers are to be set up in Mumbra.
Famous Places in Mumbra
- Reliance MarketParsik Nagar, Kalwa, Beyond Thane, Thane District
- Kalsekar HospitalKausa, Mumbra, Navi Mumbai, Thane District
- Sapphire HospitalsKharegaon, Kalwa, Eastern Express Highway-Thane, Beyond Thane, Thane District