Table of Contents
Ambattur is a premier residential area located in the northern suburb of Chennai. Nearby Ambattur localities include prominent areas such as Annanagar, Padi, Avadi, etc. A variety of projects are available in Ambattur and range from affordable to luxury. There are a lot of reputed builders like Ramaniyam Group, Navin Housing, and Mantri Group, who are working on different projects in Ambattur. Some of the premier projects in Ambattur include VGN Platina, Dugar Group Estate, Dugar Group Lake Dugar, etc.
Being one of the prominent IT hubs of the city and companies like TCS, Dell, Perot Systems, Polaris, etc. having their offices here, Ambattur has been witnessing a rapid influx of working population from outside. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Ambattur. Although prices of the flats in Ambattur are going up at a rapid pace, still, affordable housing to suit the needs of the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies, can be found here.
Ambattur has been recently brought under the purview of the city corporation of Chennai and the plans for a number of infrastructure projects have been drawn up. The civic amenities have also improved here. The industrial and IT sector growth have led to the development of retail and hospitality sector as well.
Connectivity with nearby Ambattur localities
- There are a few major roads which run through Ambattur like the Chennai Bypass Expressway, the Chennai Tiruvallur High Road, the Redhills Road and Chennai-Kolkata Highway.
- The area has an extensive bus service as well and the Avadi Bus Stand, the Koyembedu Bus Stand and CMBT lie in close vicinity.
- Apart from Ambattur, even Avadi and Villivakkam areas have a railway station. The railway stations at Avadi and Villivakkam are approximately about 7 and 12 kilometres (respectively) away from Ambattur.
- The Koyembedu metro station is nearby too.
- The international airport is also not very far.
Employment hubs near Ambattur
- The One India bulls Park is approximately 4 kilometres away
- Prince Info Park IT, the Ambattur Clothing Co, the Ambit and Ambattur Industrial Estate are located approximately 4-5 kilometres from the area.
- Quanta Engineers is approximately 6-7 kilometres away.
Ambattur offers very good social infrastructure too to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Ambattur include the TI Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Spartan Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Ebenezer Marcus International School, etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Ambattur include the Sir Ivan Stedeford Hospital, Sundaram Medical Foundation, Ashiana Hospital, etc. Further, the shopping needs of the residents are catered by malls in Ambattur such as the Ampa Skywalk Mall, Chandra Metro Mall, Golden Shopping Centre, etc.
Price trends in Ambattur
- Price appreciation — Around 24% in the last one year.
- Current property rates — Rs 3,899-9,090 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Ambattur
Considering the price trends in Ambattur and the rising demand, the locality is touted to become a good investment region in future. There are chances of good appreciation in property rates with a number of projects being developed here. Moreover, the area is located very close to the industrial zone of Chennai and Ambattur, itself being an IT/ITES hub, the demand for property here will only move northward. What more? The Chennai City Corporation has recently taken over the administration of the area, so the scope of development of infrastructure facilities is also good here. Considering all these factors, Ambattur can be an excellent place for investment.
Check properties in Ambattur