Table of Contents
Aundh is a premier residential area located in the north- western suburbs of Pune and is also one of the oldest localities of Pune. The famous battle of Kirkee, between the Marathas and the British East India Company, took place here. Nearby Aundh localities include many famous areas of the city of Pune such as Baner, Pashan, Kirkee and Ganeshkhind etc. A variety of projects are available in the area and range from affordable to luxurious. There are a lot of reputed builders like the Mantri, Kumar Properties and Pride Group, who are working on their different projects in Aundh. Some of the premier projects in Aundh include Goel Ganga Akash Ganga, Mantri Lawns, Kumar Padmalaya, etc.
Due to advent of various IT majors and other multi-national companies (MNCs), Pune has been witnessing a rapid growth in influx of working population from outside the city. As a result, there has been a surge in the demand for residential apartments in Aundh, which is one of the prominent suburbs of Pune. Even though the prices of the flats in Aundh are going up at a rapid pace, affordable housing to suit the needs of the mid and the junior-level executives of the various companies can still be found here.
Aundh has some of the premier educational institutes of Pune including the Pune University. As a result, there is a considerable influx of students from outside as well. The civic amenities have also improved. The industrial growth and the growth of the IT sector have also led to the development of retail and hospitality sectors in the area.
Connectivity with nearby Aundh localities
- There are a few major roads which run through the area, namely the Kalewadi Main Road, the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, the Wakad Road, the Gopal Hari Deshmukh Marg, etc.
- The area has an extensive bus service and the Aundh Bus Stand and the Shivaji Nagar Bus Stand lie in close vicinity.
- There are railway stations at Shivaji Nagar and Khadki from which the railway services can also be availed. The railway stations are approximately about 7 kilometres away from Aundh.
- It takes about half an hour from Aundh to reach the Pune airport.
See also: Property rates & trends in Aundh, Pune
Employment hubs near Aundh
- The Pune IT Park is located approximately 5 kilometres away from the locality.
- The ICC towers and the Maratha Chambers of commerce and industry are located at a distance of approximately 6 kilometres.
- RMZ Westend is approximately 2 kilometres away.
- Nanospace IT Park is located approximately 3 kilometres away from the locality.
Aundh offers very good social infrastructure to its residents. Some of the reputed schools in Aundh include the St. Joseph High School, Wisdom World School, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan etc. Some of the leading hospitals in Aundh include the Seth Ramdas Shah Memorial Hospital, Apollo Clinic, Ratna Memorial Hospital, etc. The shopping needs of the residents are catered to by malls in Aundh such as the Ozone Mall, MSM Mall and Juna Bazaar or Old Market.
Price trends in Aundh
- Price appreciation- Around 24% in the last one year.
- Current property rates- Rs 6,882 –Rs 11,180 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Aundh
Considering the price trends in Aundh and the rising demand, the locality would prove to be a good investment. There is excellent appreciation of property rates with a number of projects being developed here. Moreover, the area is also located at a very close proximity to the IT/ITeS hub and industrial zones of Pune. Aundh is already an upmarket locality in Pune and the government is planning to develop it further. So, the scope of development of infrastructure facilities is also there. Considering all these factors Aundh is an excellent place for investment.
Check properties in Aundh