Table of Contents
The Begur real estate market has seen some major activity, owing to its easy connectivity to the major IT parks in the city and also because of temples, which date back a few centuries. Begur has undergone a major change, since the IT boom in the 1990s, after which the demand for flats in Begur has gone up considerably. The locality, which was earlier very traditional and modest, has now turned into a cosmopolitan area.
Begur lies just off the Bengaluru-Hosur Highway and has a prominent history of its own. Begur was earlier a prominent destination, during the reigns of the Western Ganga Dynasty and Chola Kingdom. The Nageshvara temple is present here and dates almost 1,100 years. The Begur Fort is another major tourist attraction. The Begur Lake is another landmark in the area. There are several layouts here, including Paradise Layout, Begur Woods Layout and many more.
There are various options, when it comes to buying apartments in Begur, although 2 and 3-BHK are the most preferred ones. There are several leading builders in Begur including Mantri, Prestige, Sobha, Puravankara, Sekhar, Brigade and many others. Some popular residential projects in Begur include Mythri Arteor and others.
While this locality is still a good bet for affordable and mid-range housing, the adjoining area of Bannerghatta caters majorly to the upper end of the market, with property rates on the higher side. Other nearby Begur localities include Shivaganga and Nandi Hills. Due to the presence of giant IT hubs nearby, along with the ready availability of all desired social infrastructure, Begur offers impressive appreciation potential.
Connectivity with nearby Begur localities
- It is located on NH 7, thereby, offering seamless access to other places nearby.
- Excellently connected to the rest of Bengaluru via the Begur-Jigani Road, Begur-Hosur Road, Begur-Bannerghatta Road, Begur-Bommanahalli Road and Begur-Electronic City Road.
- Begur is located 45 kilometres away from the Kempegowda International Airport.
- BMTC bus services connect this area to various other parts of the city.
Employment hubs near Begur
- Koramangala – 7.7 kilometres via NH 44.
- International Tech Park (ITPB) – 22.5 kilometres via NH 44.
- KIADB Industrial Area – 15.4 kilometres via Hosur Road.
- Electronic City – 6.5 kilometres via Service Road and NH44/NH48.
- Embassy Manyata Business Park – 26 kilometres via Hosur Road.
- Wipro Corporate Office – 13.4 kilometres via Hosur Road.
Begur has all the necessary social infrastructure. Reputed schools in Begur include the St. Francis School and VIBGYOR High School. Leading hospitals in Begur include the Kavya Hospital and Ramakrishna Smart Hospitals. Popular malls in Begur include the Meenakshi Mall and others.
Upcoming physical infrastructure in Begur
- The second phase of the Namma Metro, once complete, will cover Begur.
- Construction of the 8-lane Peripheral Ring Road, will help to decongest traffic to a large extent in the entire area.
Price trends in Begur
- Price appreciation – 2%-4% over the last quarter.
- Current property rates – Rs 3,536-5,399 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Begur
The price trends in Begur and its proximity to Koramangala and several other business hubs, augur well for future appreciation. Social infrastructure is also developing rapidly here. Teething issues include stray dog menace in some pockets, poor roads, drainage woes and encroachment of the Begur Lake.
Check properties in Begur