Table of Contents
The demand for Bellandur real estate has grown immensely, due to its proximity to the IT parks in Bengaluru, including ITPL and Electronic City and the official induction of the area into the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike. Bellandur has witnessed the biggest transformation, since the boom in the IT industry in the 1990s, which has led to a massive demand for flats in Bellandur. Bellandur is located near HSR Layout and the Bellandur Lake is a major landmark in the area. The Bellandur Lake also separates the HAL Airport from the locality.
The Outer Ring Road passes through the area and it links east and south Bengaluru.
Bellandur was initially a predominantly rural zone and the IT boom transformed the locality. Bellandur is known for a total of 43 parks. The locality is also famous for the presence of multiple SEZs and corporate offices, nearby.
When it comes to apartments in Bellandur, 2 and 3-BHK are the most preferred options, here. Some of the leading builders in Bellandur include Puravankara, Prestige, Raheja, Sekhar, Brigade and others, who have developed several landmark projects in Bellandur.
While Bellandur is a good option, with affordable and mid-range residential spaces on offer, its neighboring areas mostly offer options in the upper end of the spectrum. Owing to the easy access to major IT parks, along with all necessary social infrastructure, Bellandur has better appreciation potential, in comparison to most of the nearby Bellandur localities.
Connectivity with nearby Bellandur localities
- Well connected to Whitefield, Electronic City, Marathahalli and Old Airport Road.
- Bellandur is a nodal point to reach Whitefield and the Silk Board, which lie at opposite ends of the area.
- Seamless connectivity to HSR Layout and Doddakannelli.
- Bellandur is located 49 kilometres away from the Kempegowda International Airport.
- BMTC bus services connect this place to all the other parts of the city.
- MG Road lies 14 kilometres away from the area.
Employment hubs near Bellandur
- Koramangala – 8.7 kilometres via 100 Ft Road or Intermediate Ring Road.
- Electronic City – 15-18 kilometres.
- ITPL – 12 kilometres via Varthur Main Road.
- Whitefield – 12-15 kilometres.
- Embassy Manyata Business Park – 21 kilometres via NH-44 and NH-75.
- IT companies easily accessible from this area – SAP Labs, AT&T, Cisco, Intel, Wipro, TCS and many others.
- Silk Board- 6 kilometres.
Bellandur has impressive social infrastructure. World-class schools in Bellandur include the Narayana e-Techno School, New Horizon Gurukul and Patel Public School. Some of the leading hospitals in Bellandur are Apollo Clinic, The Eye Foundation and Sakra World Hospital. Popular malls in Bellandur include the Soul Spirit Mall and Central Mall Bellandur, to name a few.
Physical infrastructure in Bellandur
- Construction of the Elevated Expressway in Bengaluru, is sure to improve the traffic conditions.
- The upcoming 8-lane Peripheral Ring Road, will also ease the traffic load in the entire area.
Price trends in Bellandur
- Price appreciation – 8%-10% over the last quarter.
- Current property rates – Rs 4,372-7,189 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Bellandur
After looking at the price trends in Bellandur and taking all other factors into account, it can be assumed that prices will definitely appreciate here, in the future. The area is a good investment bet, for its excellent connectivity to major IT hubs and business destinations. Water shortage and poor drainage, are the major problems in this locality. However, the sheer connectivity and affordability of the area, make it a fabulous investment destination.
Check properties in Bellandur