Table of Contents
The residents of Bhandup are the original inhabitants of Mumbai. Initially, Bhandup was a dense forest area that gradually saw the growth of industries and now, almost after 40 years, it has become a prominent site for developers as it has considerable opportunities for further growth. It offers several mid-range and premium projects for property buyers.
Bhandup real estate is undoubtedly a sought-after destination for home buyers today, with Asia’s largest water filtration plant, the pristine Shivaji Lake, proximity to connectivity lifelines like CST Railway Station and Eastern Express Highway, access to several industries like Ceat Tyres and Asian Paints Limited, schools affiliated to different boards, hospitals, shopping malls and football clubs.
Leading builders in Bhandup like Kings Builders & Developers, Skyline Group and Ashford Group are predominantly active in this region. Naturally, there is easy availability of 2 and 3-BHK housing units.
Connectivity with nearby Bhandup localities
- Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Marg cuts through the locality and connects the area with Thane and Mumbai.
- The Eastern Express Highway is also in close proximity to the area.
- The region has a railway station which is on the Central Line of the Mumbai suburban railway network.
- The airport is 12 kilometres away from the area and can be accessed in less than 50 minutes.
- The area is well-connected to major business and recreational zones.
Employment hubs near Bhandup
- The locality has a number of major and minor industries, companies and small-scale manufacturing units.
- The region has retail outlets of brands like Wills Lifestyle, Reebok and Lee Cooper.
Reputed schools in Bhandup include Kendriya Vidyalaya Bhandup and GS Shetty International School. Some well-known colleges in and around Bhandup are Guru Nanak College of Arts, Science and Commerce and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). Leading hospitals in Bhandup include Madhu Hospital and Lotus Multispeciality Hospital. Malls that are located in close proximity to the area are Huma Outlet Mall and Metro Cash and Carry. The locality has clubs for different sports, pubs and bars.
Physical infrastructure in Bhandup
- Godrej Properties has entered into an agreement with Ador Group.
- With excellent connectivity to South Mumbai, projects in Bhandup will be developed as premium residential group housing projects.
- The Goregaon-Mulund Link Road is expected to add to the connectivity of the locality.
Price trends in Bhandup
- Price appreciation – 1.04% in the last couple of years.
- Current property rates – Rs 10,500 per sq ft.
Reasons to invest in Bhandup
Considering the price trends in Bhandup and the rising demand, the area should prove to be a good investment. Excellent social infrastructure, comparatively reasonable property prices and good connectivity, are the eminent factors behind Bhandup’s growth.
However, there are a few problems like traffic congestion in peak hours, lack of civic maintenance and pollution due to the presence of an industrial belt in the area. However, with good appreciation and excellent connectivity, Bhandup is becoming one of the best investment destinations in the city.
Check properties in Bhandup