Table of Contents
The BTM Layout real estate market has witnessed an upward growth trend, due to the establishment of tech parks here, along with the BMIC corridor and today, this region has become one of the important areas for mid-range as well as luxury residential spaces. There has been a significant rise in demand for flats in BTM Layout. The IT boom and its influence on real estate development, has contributed towards creating a more cosmopolitan ambience here.
BTM Layout is one of south Bengaluru’s most prominent areas and its actual name is Kuvempunagara. There are two stages in the area, namely, the 1st and 2nd Stage. These two stages are divided by the Outer Ring Road.
The area is known for possessing several music venues, boutiques and cafes. Annual growth returns have been higher in the locality and there are several tourist attractions nearby, including the Madiwala Lake, which is Bangalore’s biggest lake and home to several rare species of birds. The Bannerghatta National Park is also located nearby.
There are different options available for apartments in BTM Layout, though 2 and 3-BHK are mostly preferred. There are several leading builders in BTM Layout including Puravankara, Prestige, Sobha, Sekhar, Brigade and many others. Major residential projects in BTM Layout include Brigade LakeView, Majestic Residency and Green City Euphoria, to name a few. These big-ticket residential projects, have transformed the locality. This place is a good option for mid-range homes and there are housing properties for the upper end of the price bracket too. Other nearby BTM Layout localities include Hosur Road, Sarjapur Road and Silk Board. BTM Layout is cost competitive and offers good connectivity options to residents.
Connectivity with nearby BTM Layout localities
- The nearest railway stations are the Yeshwantpur Railway Station and Bangalore City Railway Station (11 kilometres).
- It lies near Outer Ring Road and Bannerghatta Road.
- Koramangala and HSR Layout are easily accessible, along with Jayanagar and JP Nagar.
- The Bengaluru International Airport lies 45 kilometres away.
Proximity to employment hubs in BTM Layout
- Koramangala – 4.2 kilometres.
- Electronic City – 12.4 kilometres via Hosur Road.
- Embassy Manyata Business Park – 21 kilometres via Bellary Road.
- International Tech Park (ITPB) – 21.4 kilometres via 100 Feet Road and HAL Old Airport Road.
- KIADB Industrial Area – 23.5 kilometres via Harapanahalli-Begur Road.
- Companies present near this area – Wipro, Capgemini, Qualcomm, Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys Limited and many others.
BTM Layout offers many social amenities. Reputed schools in BTM Layout include the Ekya School, BTM Layout and St Mira’s High School. Leading hospitals in BTM Layout include the Life Care Hospital, Gangothri Hospital and the Karanth Speciality Hospital. Popular malls in BTM Layout include the Fantasy Mall and Gopalan Innovation Mall, to name a few. The Metropolitan Club is a major landmark here, along with several restaurants like 36 Chowringhee Lane, Flavors of China and many more. Diverse cuisine options are available here.
Physical infrastructure in BTM Layout
- The upcoming Namma Metro phase-2 will cover the BTM Layout area.
- The upcoming 8-lane Outer Ring Road, is likely to reduce traffic congestion during peak hours.
Price trends in BTM Layout
- Price appreciation – around 30% in the last one year.
- Current property rates – Rs 4,029-Rs 6,634 per sq ft.
Why should you invest in BTM Layout?
Considering the price trends in BTM Layout and all the other points discussed above, the demand for residential spaces will increase even more in the future. The current rates are very competitive, with several housing options. Good connectivity and social infrastructure, make it a very good option to invest in.
A few worries remain, including security issues, water supply issues and traffic congestion.
Check properties in BTM Layout