Table of Contents
- The infrastructure development of Bannerghatta Road
- Connectivity options for residents in Bannerghatta Road
- Tourism options
- Major business locations nearby
- Social infrastructure in Bannerghatta Road
- Upcoming infrastructure developments
- Property rates in Bannerghatta Road
- Why invest in property in Bannerghatta Road?
The demand for apartments in Bengaluru is now surging, particularly along the outskirts, where the major growth is taking place. Bannerghatta Road is one of those areas, which has contributed to the boom in real estate and there is an increasing demand for residential properties. It is one of the most rapidly-developing parts of the city, connecting the busiest parts of Bangalore like Hosur Road and MICO Layout, to other important regions like JP Nagar, BTM Layout, Jayanagar and many more.
Demand for apartments in Bengaluru has been boosted, with the development of the corridor called Bannerghatta Road, which starts as a branch from the Hosur Road and ends in Anekal Town. With its inclusion in the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike in 2011, this is now among the most preferred locations in Bengaluru.
Bannerghatta Road is also easily connected to the international airport of Bengaluru. This locality offers options for property buyers, across budget ranges as per people’s choice. The property rates are comparable and reasonable, which is another reason for the rise in demand. Leading real estate developers namely, Puravankara, Sekhar Constructions, Sobha Limited, Salarpuria Group and Prestige Group, are among the notable ones here.
The infrastructure development of Bannerghatta Road
Bannerghatta Road has seen a rapid development, with the establishment of the BMIC corridor. The entire area also benefited from the announcement of the Namma Metro’s extension, from Gottigere to Nagavara via IIM-B, which covers Bannerghatta Road.
The capital values are pretty reasonable in this locality at present and the resident profile is changing with rapid development. Executives and employees of the government sector, are the major buyers and residents of this place, along with the employees belonging to small scale industries. However, professionals from the IT sector, are also making a major mark in this area and the resident profile is thus, evolving into a more cosmopolitan population.
Here are some of the popular residential localities in this belt
- MICO Layout – This is a residential locality in the southern part of Bengaluru and is mostly seeing demand for affordable and mid-range residential properties. It has experienced significant growth in the budget housing sector, owing to excellent connectivity with Hosur Road and Bannerghatta Road, along with the presence of many commercial and retail establishments.
- JP Nagar – This is another very prominent locality, which has hugely benefited due to seamless connectivity advantages. JP Nagar is home to a mix of many commercial spaces, as well as residential properties belonging to different ranges, which can cater to a wide range of customers.
- BTM Layout – This area has seen a shooting up of property prices, with many infrastructural developments and it mostly includes the mid-range segment, although premium properties can also be found here.
- Jayanagar – This region also has affordable and mid-range housing properties on offer and is seeing rapid development. This is a much sought-after place, for its lush greenery, quality homes, along with a self-sufficient neighborhood.
Connectivity options for residents in Bannerghatta Road
The demand for apartments in Bannerghatta Road has skyrocketed, due to the connectivity advantages for the residents. Here are some of the key connectivity factors:
- Bannerghatta Road is part of the National Highway 87 that connects Bengaluru with the surrounding towns of Bannerghatta, Jigani and Anekal, with a total length of 49 kms.
- It is well-connected to Hosur Road.
- MICO Layout and Outer Ring Road are easily accessible.
- Bannerghatta National Park is a well-known tourist spot that is easily reachable from here.
- The well-known Sri Meenakshi Sundareshwar Temple, is located on Bannerghatta Road.
Major business locations nearby
There are several employment hubs in the vicinity, with offices of IT giants:
- Companies in the area: BPL Telecom Private Limited, Infosys Technologies Limited, Oracle India Private Limited, Accenture, Honeywell, IBM and many more.
- Jigani Industrial Area
- Bommasandra Industrial Area
- Electronic City
Social infrastructure in Bannerghatta Road
Social infrastructure is a major contributor, to the huge growth of Bannerghatta Road, along with the IT corporate offices.
- Educational institutions – Presidency School, Loyola High School, Ryan International School, BGS National Public School, Sarala Birla Academy School, along with prominent business schools like National School of Business & Professional College and IIM-B.
- Hospitals – Fortis Hospital, Vivekananda Hospital and Vasan Eye Care
- Restaurants – Grass Hopper, Mast Kalandar, Wang and Chung Wah and Chicken County Restaurant
Upcoming infrastructure developments
Bannerghatta Road’s real estate sector will receive a boost, with planned infrastructural developments for the area like:
- Peripheral Ring Road.
- Extension of the metro railway line from Nagavara to IIM-B.
- Three-tier grade separator, including an underpass, flyover and level road at JD Mara Junction.
- Flyovers at Hulimavu Gate and Bilekahalli Junction.
- Underpass at Arakere Junction.
Property rates in Bannerghatta Road
The average property rates in this area is about Rs 4,792 per sq ft as per Q2 2016, although buyers can also find residential properties at on the lower and higher side of the average price.
Why invest in property in Bannerghatta Road?
Buying property in this part of Bengaluru can be wise, based on the growth potential of this locality, as per experts. There are many housing spaces here and one should see a healthy appreciation of property rates, owing to the upcoming infrastructural developments. Demand for residential spaces will continue to rise. So, it also makes for a good investment option.
Connectivity, along with access to excellent social infrastructures and competitive property rates, are the major attractions. Traffic congestion during rush hours, is still considered to be a problem, in this stretch. However, this is likely to improve over time.
Check properties in Bannerghatta Road